Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Stronger Exterior Door Handle

To be honest, idk. I bought one for the passengers door on ebay 3 years ago. They are still working fine. I bought the drivers side from rock auto and it broke after about a year and a half. So I bought one from a local auto parts store. It lasted about a year, just broke a couple of weeks ago...
  2. P

ROugh idle engine shakes PLEASE HELP

What about the pcv elbows they are bad to develope holes and cause a vacuum leak. Sometimes it won't even throw the lean codes, p0171, p0174, which I'm assuming you don't have cause you didn't mention it. Of course they should have noticed that when they changed intake gaskets.
  3. P

ROugh idle engine shakes PLEASE HELP

What about the plugs and wires did he ever check those?
  4. P

NO Coolant - Piece fell off

Pretty sure he knew that. I think he was asking the op if he had any coolant in ithe truck or if it was mostly water, and fnd froze overnight causing the plug to pop out which is what they are designed to do so the block doesn't bust.
  5. P

How to: How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

I'm with art on this, I just changed out both front bearings on an 05 4wd x today and from start to finish it took a little over an hour. I used an 18v makita impact and my handy dandy snap-on swivel sockets that have the swivel on the socket. I didn't have a problem getting the hub out of the...
  6. P

Another strange one... Idle and power

Maybe a blugged cat? That tps signal could be causing your idle problem. I would try to adjust that, and check your throttle cable to see if it has stretched. If it has you could do the throttle cable mod. What it is is you tie a couple of zip ties to the throttle cable right above the gas...
  7. P

highway speed studdering...

Trust me its your wires , after time they build up resistance and cause the truck to misfire under load. Does it happen mostly when going up a hill(even a slight hill will cause it). You should pull your plugs too. Running lean can burn them up. I wish I could tell you why bank one only is...
  8. P

Your stuck with the p0401 unless u fix your egr pipe, 0171 could be a number of things, but since its just on one side it could be lower intake gaskets are leaking I suppose upper intake gaskets could cause this too, a faulty injector, which also could be a cause for the misfires, or it could be...
  9. P

Change your plug wires
  10. P

bank 1 lean again

Ok thanks that makes sense but I think it does it even when switched completely off. I could be wrong ill check when my wife gets home. I'm about to retire this thing as a dd and get a crv.
  11. P

bank 1 lean again

Nobody else has any ideas? Well I have another question. Is it normal for the ac compressor to kick on every 20 seconds stay on for about 10 seconds then go off. It does it all the time unles I actually have the ac on. Then it stays on for like a minute and cuts off for maybe another minute. It...
  12. P

bank 1 lean again

Idle is fine, it runs fine even at wot going up a hill. There is no exhaust leak evcept for a pin hole in the bottom of the muffler. I'm stumped. Got 3 dealerships stumped. I'm still getting 20 mpg combined which is close to the 22 I get in the summer, but all my cars have went down so I figure...
  13. P

bank 1 lean again

I have an ohv but thanks anyways.
  14. P

bank 1 lean again

Ok 2000 xls 4.0 ohv every year when it starts getting cold the check engine light comes on and says bank 1 lean. What I have done so far is: Checked fuel pressure 61 psi Swapped injectors from bank on to bank two, no change Did same with plugs knew that wasn't it but figures someone on her...
  15. P

I have been out of the loop too long.

Wow! That sucks glad u r doin better!
  16. P

battery died

Same thing happened to our 00 xls last Wednesday at church. My wife doesn't pay attention to thimgs like that but I noticednwhen she cranked it to leave it hesitated slightly. Then after church she called me freaking me freaking out saying it wouldn't start. I told her OT was the 7 year old...
  17. P

swapping out grilles and bumper covers out from a explorer to a sport trac?

There's a lot of fabrication required. The st bumper comes up higher you grill wraps around yor headlights the hood wouldn't line up. I could keep on going you telling you why it won't be easy but those are just a few examples of things you would run into. You could swap out the headlights hood...
  18. P

1987 Mazda B2000. Fuel delivery issue.

I'm not to familiar with the b2000 I've worked on the 2200s. Is it carbed? Could be the fuel pump on the front of the motor. I would try out mazdaworld.org or mazdaforums.com another common problem is the ignition switch under th column, and the ignition module in the distributor. But if your...
  19. P

1987 Mazda B2000. Fuel delivery issue.

Except an 87 mazda is actually a mazda. Ford didn't start making them in their plants until 94.
  20. P

Traded The Explorer for a new car :(

Nice car!! Those rims are sharp
  21. P

5 litre won't heat up??????

First off the first mechanic sounds like a crook. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't change the thermostat and ssid he did. I've seen it happen. I would pull the old tstat out and put in a new one. They're just a couple of bucks. And try some liquid glass or other block sealant. I've tried it...
  22. P

Bad starter?

I'm with bigrondo. The starter is fine. When you jumpstarted it it sent power to your ecu and charged your battery. When u diconnected the jumper cables your battery died after a second and your ecu lost power which killed your engine. Your battery is probably fine just needs to be charged with...
  23. P

2000 ford exp with p0303 and egr codes

It could still be a plug wire or a plug. Cruisin down the road it will sometimes misfire and that will throw the code.
  24. P

HELP my Explorer won't start!

I had it happen on a 95 gmc sierra. I pilled the starter off and it was busted all to pieces inside. The bad thing was I just replaced it with a new ac delco starter alitle over a year before that and the warranty had just went out on it. But yeah same symptoms. Turned over about a second or so...
Back