Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Sun Visor problems

I checked on it and according to the rep on the phone at Ford, the dealership was not going to be reimbursed from Ford for the repair - thus why they did not do it. I asked the Ford rep and he said my premium ESP would not cover it. I should probably call them again and ask them specifically why...
  2. S

Sun Visor problems

just wanted to post a quick update on my sun visor issue. Ford sent me an email reply about my situation: I have checked your vehicle's records and learned that it is not under any outstanding recalls or TSB's. Also, your current PremiumCARE ESP does not cover it. Please visit the Ford ESP...
  3. S

Sun Visor problems

I sent Ford an email asking for an explanation as to why it was not covered and I am picking up the vehicle today and will ask the service writer for a reason as well and will post my findings. It really is dissapointing to see that Ford is balking AGAIN about something that is a true defect on...
  4. S

Sun Visor problems

My dealership is telling me that my visors are not covered under my premium ESP and that they are only covered by the factory 3/36 warranty. Has anyone else been turned down for this under warranty? Im trying REALLY hard not to get bent out of shape here, but every time I turn around with...
  5. S

Interior door handle paint chipping

Hey - are you talking about the cover that attaches to the interior door handle on the outside of the door panel? If so then I have the same problem. I have tan (camel) interior and that component on ALL of my door panels has paint falling off them. You can take your fingernail and with NO...
  6. S

Front Bumper & Running Board Paint Peeling

...yea - its really dissapointing especailly to be told that if the paint was coming off a metal panel it woulr be covered but not a plastic panel. I havent noticed any fading of my flares, but I did notice that the plastic door handle end pieces (that attach to the outside of the door panel)...
  7. S

broken vanity mirror

Both of mine broke within the first year. I have read about this happening to others and asked my deler about replacing them. I was told they have never seen any others break and that these are not covered under warranty. Can someone please post the TSB? Thanks!
  8. S

Front Bumper & Running Board Paint Peeling

Hey, about 18 months after I purchased my ex (new) I noticed that the paint on the front bumper was pealing off. It was strange because the paint was pealing off around where the grill attaches, not in the front where a rock peck might have started it. It doesne appear that the surface of the...
  9. S

'08 E.B. Dash Display Prob

THANK YOU VERY MUCH - I have been complaining about this since the first month I owned this vehicle and they NEVER have any idea what I am talking about. Why is it that I always have to tell the stealership how to fix my own vehicle? (its a rhetorical question). It is so frustrating that all the...
  10. S

'08 E.B. Dash Display Prob

Hey - im new here so please forgive me if I dont know all the correct terminology...I have an '08 E.B. and every once in a while the display between the speedo and tach will freak out and reverse itself (it will put the top line on the bottom and visa versa. Its been back to the stealership...
  11. S

New member.

Hey - thanks for having this forum. I have used you for tech reference in the past and thought id join ya.
Back