Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

clutch and flywheel replacement

Thanks for the info really! I have a 1992 explorer 4x4 that was given to me a few years back. I'm not much of a mechanic but since i've owned it i have replaced heater core, put new brakes all around , new hub and rotor assembly on both front , new master brake cyclinder, thermostat, new...
  2. M

1992 ford explorer 4x4 aftermarket stereo woes

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it thanks again.
  3. M

1992 ford explorer 4x4 aftermarket stereo woes

All i had to do is put four new speakers in. The four new speakers work wonderful. The problem i'm having is that when i turn the ignition to accessory the radio and cd player plays just fine or when i turn the ignition switch just prior to starting the car it works just fine . Now here is...
  4. M

Replacing both front rotors

I own a 1992 explorer 4 wheel drive, i am replacing both rotors on it and was wondering if i will need a special tool of any type or a certain size of socket to remove them since it is 4 wheel dr? Thank you.:eek:
  5. M

front brakes lock up

Thanks I haven't checked the hoses yet, just not enough time in the day but as soon as i found out if it was the hoses or whatever it might be i'll let you know as soon as possible. Once again thank you my friend..:D
  6. M

front brakes lock up

A big thanks No i didn't replace the hoses but will try anything at this point. I've been wondering about the master cyclinder but i'm not sure how to check it out to see if it's my problem. Hell! this was my first time working on my front brakes, maybe my last too. Thank you so much for...
  7. M

front brakes lock up

I have a 1992 explorer xlt. I recently put two new calipers and pads on the front brakes hoping that it would solve my braking problem. My front brakes seem to seize up every now and then, sometimes the right and sometimes the left. At this moment my front right tire is off and i just had a...
  8. M

Greetings

I just wanted to say hi to everyone but most of all i'm glad i found this wonderful site. Have a great day to all.:cool:
Back