Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Transmission Feels Like It's Slipping

I've been doing some research and it looks like there is a TSB on the 4.0. TSB 09-8-1 for Coolant leak-radiator-built before 8/8/2006. I called the Ford dealership and they didn't know anything about a 4.6 engine having a TSB...but then again this is the same Ford dealership that has screwed me...
  2. S

To Replace The Radiator, or not

I took it to a radiator shop and they said that Ford has to flash an update after you install a radiator. I've done a ton of reading on this site, I've never heard that before.
  3. S

To Replace The Radiator, or not

I've been having strange engine revving and my heater didn't come on as fast as it used to. I had a minor problem and I took it into the Ford dealer. They said I had a hole in the radiator and I should replace the radiator. I put some radiator sealant with pellets and I don't notice any...
  4. S

I took it to another Ford dealer, and they said my radiator needs to be replaced. They think my truck has been over heating which is causing the engine rev problem. At least this makes sense because it only happens when I have been driving it for 20 minutes. They quoted $980 for a new...
  5. S

I took it to another Ford dealer and they think it's a transmission problem. I don't know what to do at this point.
  6. S

I took it to the Ford dealer. Of course they drove it around and couldn't replicate the problem. Their guess was the throttle body should be replaced. $550. I told them that was an expensive experiment and said no thanks because they didn't know for sure that would cure the problem. It's...
  7. S

Tonight I tested the engine revving problem. I was able to accelerate the car forward. It was slow and I kept my foot steady on the gas and eventually the transmission caught up to the engine.
  8. S

The truck doesn't buck, but it sounds like it revs and doesn't accelerate even though I can rev the engine as much as it can take. I take my foot off the gas, wait a couple of seconds, and it feels like it can accelerate again. Last night, I drove 20 minutes before it happened.
  9. S

Low fluid was my first thought, but Aamco said that all my transmission fluids look good.
  10. S

My Explorer does move when it revs. It seems to happen more when I go down a hill than up hill.
  11. S

I have an '06 Explorer with V8, 6 speed and I have weird problem that only happens a few times in a day. When accelerating from a dead start, the engine will rev up to 3K rpm, and it feels like the transmission isn't kicking in. I take my foot off the gas and it feels like the transmission has...
  12. S

2006 Explorer Console Disassembly Procedure

I love the AVH-P32000DVD and I am planning on getting a backup camera on ebay in the Spring. I listen mostly to music on my SD card. Make sure you lookup on youtube for the relay switch so you can watch DVD's while driving...errr have the DVD playing while driving.
  13. S

You need to pop off the center consol to get under the center bezel so you can pry it up. Once it pops off, I shift the car into 1st and pull it off and move it to the passenger side. It is very easy.
  14. S

New Pioneer Deck

I got this same unit with four Pioneer TS-A6872r speakers. You can get the speakers super cheap on Cowboom.com, and they sound sweet with that unit. Unfortunately, I have had problems with my 3200DVd. I had the tuner go out and then a problem with the screen. Sent it back to Pioneer and I...
  15. S

What Speakers are you using?

Pioneer TS-A6872R. I got them off of cowboom.com for only $35 for all four. I am using a Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD and they sound amazing. They install perfectly in the standard holes and you can install them in 10 minutes if you don't drop the door bolts inside the panel like I did.
  16. S

cd player needed

I installed a Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD and it looks awesome in an Explorer. I put in the relay switch so you can see DVD's up front. I got it on Cowboom.com for only $210!!!. I saw it on sale at Amazon for $299.
  17. S

2010 Explorer Radio Removal

I have removed the radio in mine 10 times in the last month. 1. Open up your arm rest and unscrew the two bolts 2. Pry up by the two screws and the center panel around the shifter should lift off 3. Pry up the chrome around the shifter. 4. Put the car in 1st gear and push the center panel...
  18. S

How do you get rear inside door panels off?

You forgot about the part where you drop the bolt down inside the panel and you have to shack it for a half-hour until it finally drops out. At least that was the method I unfortunately took.
  19. S

06 Explorer Aftermarket Radio

I just installed a Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD in my 06 XLT. It has connections for steering wheel remote. I put in Pioneer TS-A6872 speakers and the combination sounds incredible. You can add bluetooth, navigation, HD radio, and a rear backup camera.
  20. S

I just installed a Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD in the dash of my 2006 Explorer XLT. One thing that helped me get the dash out was taking off the bottom panels next to the drivers pedals. I was able to get better leverage on the dash panel and pop it off. I had lots of fun trying to find screws that...
  21. S

Double DIN Install?

I am going to do this with my 2006 Explorer XLT this week. I have done a lot of research and Metra makes the best looking double din kits. You can get them online or you can go to your local Bestbuy and get them from the install area. You will need to get a wiring harness. Scosche and Metra...
  22. S

U-Haul Won't Rent Trailers to Explorers???

I am new to this forum. I picked up a used 2006 Explorer XLT with only 39K. I swore I would never own an American car, but I don't fit in any Japanese cars and after a couple of weeks of ownership, I realize I was stupid not to consider American cars. Everyone at work mocked me and called my...
Back