Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Strange noise while driving...

Ive gotta try the stethoscope thing but now that I have been paying more and more attention to it, everything single time, without fail it does it at 2500rpms. Even if it shifts or sits at 2400rpms it wont do it, soon as it hits 2500 it does. If it is just a heatshield, that just needs to be...
  2. A

So i just climbed under and banged around and I heard a rattle from somewhere but Im not exactly sure what its coming from. To be honest I dont know where any of my heat-shields are or what they even look like and its pretty hard to fit under the x without jacking it up. but I banged around and...
  3. A

Torque Converter repair cost

When it rattles does it only do it during acceleration? Or at idle too? Does it last for 2-3 seconds or longer if you going uphill?
  4. A

No one? Ive been searching for hours and I come up with a lot of different things but no answers. One guy put it "When I accelerate and it shifts gears it sounds like change inside a metal can" That is exactly how it sounds on mine.
  5. A

Hey all, I had another account on here but for some reason I couldn't post things, it kept telling me it was locked out or something, anyway. I have a 02 Explorer XLT. Last year I had the transmission completely re-built and everything has been smooth. Recently though every time it shifts (or at...
Back