Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Explorer without O2 Sensor

best guess someone modified the vehicle. ford never made a lpg explorer. so who ever installed the lpg system modified the explorer and most likely took the o2 and cat system out.
  2. W

2008 LTD 4.6L Gas/fuel smell in cab when stopped

you are leaking fuel if you smell it inside. i would find the leak, and not drive it till i do, its a fire risk, waiting to happen. just needs a spark or static discharge to ignite it.
  3. W

08 LTD dumb question. Correct tire pressure

dealer should of filled the tires to the door jab spec...... you should keep them at the door jam spec. also its an 08 no tpms light at 27?
  4. W

Another issue with my '08 Sport Trac...

my pet peeve with tpms were tire shops, that just break the sensors, and throw them into a tire or don't replace what they broke.
  5. W

high RPM

i think you have a broken servo. or a broken band. no check engine light?
  6. W

Will this jack hold my truck for a tire rotation?

you could just lower the spare, and put it on the tire you removing then rotate them each corner till you come back to the start and put the running tire and spare back. but like i said, jacks can let go, they really are used to lift the vehicle not work on it.
  7. W

Ford is manufacturing the C-Max hybrid in their Michigan assembly plant.

i still think auto mfg work better with one another then software/pc and all IP based copyright lawsuits. google/microsoft/apple come to mind. with patent trolls that also follow.
  8. W

wiki explains it better... look up the wiki on the escape hybrid....
  9. W

dont matter its with global parts.
  10. W

2008 Explorer interior lights turn on unexpectedly

do you have, memory seats? if so, normally its the cylinder.
  11. W

high RPM

no clue what motorcraft m is, the car takes motorcraft mercon 5 (v). the sp fluid is used on the 6 speed transmission. did this happen after the trans flush? i cant drive it, or know, but also low fuel pressure, restricted exhaust can cause shifting / high rpm issue with not enough torque...
  12. W

Another issue with my '08 Sport Trac...

dont forget high mileage, time will kill the batteries in the sensors. you could just have bad tire sensors.
  13. W

04 explorer awful grinding sound+ 4x4 high blinking.help

you have an 04, do you have rsc / advance track? some 04 have rear axle tone rings which break cause 4x4 to turn on. else. i would say you have a bad speed sensor. if you use a cheap knock off hub that could also be the issues.
  14. W

Will this jack hold my truck for a tire rotation?

invest in jack stands.... a jack is to lift a vehicle, not work on it when its in the air.
  15. W

V6 Roaring?

fan clutch. see if a reprogram exists.
  16. W

Homelink Install

or you can just buy a drivers side visor with the home link on it.
  17. W

5w20 when truck calls for 5w30?

the 5w20 was if if you went with the motorcraft 5w20 blend oil. all 4.0 exploreres up to 2010 are still 5w30.
  18. W

Proven things to increase mpg's?

i kinda of disagree on the cruise control. since i have seen cruise control peg my ex at over 5k rpm, its definitely not for mpg but keeping speed.
  19. W

Kill switch ideas

think your mistaken. what you are thinking of lock out took thats not a slim jim. slim jim's are used between the glass and door to open a rod to unlock it. honestly, its an ex, its about 3 seconds to use a slim jim and open it. killing the power to the door locks wont even matter. with...
  20. W

Passenger seat rattle? :(

move the passenger seat all the way to the back, you will see two torq bolts,, on each rail, under it, is a cover for the ocs tracks. that cover rattles like a pos piece of plastic. in that pic, the 62186 are covers, they god damn rattle.
  21. W

Front Upper Control Arms Bushings: ¿Individually available?

i replace arms, new upper ball joint is the perk with it.
  22. W

Passenger seat rattle? :(

the ocs track covers rattle.. remove the torx bolts, between seat bottom to base, remove the plastic covers, put felt on the inside, reassemble, noise will be gone.
  23. W

Kill switch ideas

dont think you understand that doors use mechanical rods to work, this is what a slim jim operates. imo if they want it they will just tow it away. or push it, or pull it, you get the idea. 01 is a pats vehicle, it already has a kill switch less you have a remote start, or a key in the vehicle.
  24. W

need inner tie rod help!!

just use a pipe wrench.
  25. W

Intermittant noise from brakes - Bent backing plate

put the vehicle on jack stands, enough to clear the tires off the ground and let them spin, how bent is the other axle?
Back