Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Replacement of standard 2nd row seatbelts

You know ou are right about that! I was so tied up in being told it could not be done, I forgot about the cost??? How much did it cost to put a man on the moon??? Answer: a little less than inflatable belt install. Case closed. I will post the price if this is possible.
  2. A

July 1969 we put a man on the moon; then we did it again and again! Now, in 2011 we cannot make this change??? Makes about as much sense as having Obama as the President!!!! Its NUTS!!! My Service manager at my dealer is contacting Ford technical advisor to make this happen. I am sick of this...
  3. A

Tinting Windows

Anyone know what the Nano microweave technology is in window film. Made by Lumar, I think.
  4. A

Can anyone please tell me if Ford would allow the replacement of the standard 2nd row seatbelts with the inflatable seatbelts and seat base?? The inflatable belts were not available when I got my 2011 Explorer and I would like to add them now as it seems to be a good safety feature.
  5. A

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

The above website (ronusa.com) has nerf bars for the 2011 Ex that looks good. What do you think?
  6. A

Parking sensors- Front

Front sensors for the 2011 Explorer are a Ford accessory made by Echomaster. It is available (about $270 uninstalled)
  7. A

2011 Red Candy Limited

How did you find this chrome package/ door edge guards??? And the armor coat. Are these dealer specific?
  8. A

Hood Deflector

Personally, I think the clear bra is bogus and a waste of money. Todays vehicle have high tech paints and are applied by robots in controlled environments. a clear bra adds nothing.
  9. A

ESP and MFT Updates

Let me know what you think, it covers a lot. also gives you a free quote.
  10. A

ESP and MFT Updates

I am sorry..it is Assurant Solutions. My mistake. they insurance all kinds of things. I got a great comprehensive 72/72 plan for $673. I got it through my insurance which is USAA. Check the USAA website at www. usaa.com.
  11. A

ESP and MFT Updates

Look at the account solutions ESP
  12. A

Hood Deflector

What do you think of the "Clear bra" paint protection application.
  13. A

Hood Deflector

Look at the "Clear bra" paint protection application.
  14. A

Hood Deflector

Look at the "clear bra" paint protection application.
  15. A

100% gasoline, amsoil full synthetic, and nitrogen filled tires. What is best?

Thanks Joe, I do have real gas available and will use it. Everyone seems to agree..Nitrogen is a waste I will stick with air. Should you stay at recommended psi or above as some here have advocated
  16. A

Manuel for the 2011 Explorer says no gas with more than 10% ethanol should be used. There is 100 gas out there for off road vehiclles, boats, antique vehicles, etc. I agree about the nitrogen....not worth paying for.
  17. A

Please give me your opinions on using 100% pure 87 octane gas (no ethanol), amsoil full synthetic oil and filter (15000 mile changes), and nitrogen filled tires vs air in the 2011 Ex. My apologies if these topics are covered elsewhere. Thank you.
  18. A

Bulb size

HD-13/9008 I think???
  19. A

2011 Ford Explorer!

Thankis for the pics
  20. A

"OK to Buy" Date

Thank you for that explanation. It helped a lot. My Explorer is in production this week so I should be OK. If the weather lets up and the plant reopens.
  21. A

"OK to Buy" Date

I have seen a lot of posts on some 2011 Explorer forums about a so called "OK to buy" date. It is describe as the date that Ford begins to build vehicles that are retail orders for customers and not just dealer stock orders. Supposedly Explorers built after this date have an advantage of all...
  22. A

The 2011 explorer

OK to buy date Does anyone know what the "OK to buy" date is for the 2011 Explorer???
  23. A

2011 Ford Explorer!

You are right! I got carried away in the heat of the moment (that is the same way I got my first kid). I lost my head. What ever could I have been thinking. Talk all you want, unclemeat, I just cannot go for Mr. O. Now I will shut up!
  24. A

2011 Ford Explorer!

Deal!! No more defending the 11 X as offroad. Please shutup! I'll even vote for Obama in 12, just shut up!!!
  25. A

build date

Thank you very much. I will do it!
Back