Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 92exp4x4

Wanted Manual T-case linkage

Does anyone have an extra shifter/ shifter bracket and linkage for a manual BW 1354 case? Im looking to convert my 93 explorer. The ranger/explorer linkage is kind of a tough find in some quick searches ive done. I know this is a popular item, so im betting there won't be many responses, but...
  2. 92exp4x4

Code 90

So I have a rather interesting situation. Today I went to troubleshoot an issue with my Navajo. It's been running crappy for a while and I haven't played with it seriously until today. The truck would miss and seemingly load up. When it would drop cylinders I figured it was a fuel issue...
  3. 92exp4x4

A unique first gen..

Just poking around the internet tonight and stumbled across something some of you may have an interest in. It is listed on autoblog.com for sale in Georgia. This 94 appears to be a custom conversion and 1 of 21 with this special paint code from Ford. Check it out here: 1994 Ford Explorer XLT...
  4. 92exp4x4

Full size spare tire.

So now that the weather is decent, I'm getting caught up on all kinds of projects. One of which was to install a full size spare in Red. Sounds simple enough... I was wrong. In looking for the tools. I found out my van is missing it's jack, wrench etc. I also found out it stows in one of...
  5. 92exp4x4

Eddie Bauer wheels

I was cruising eBay the other day and found these. I quickly bought a set as there were 8 left and 4 sold. Within an hour the rest were gone. I think I'm going to mount them on my 91 EB two door as it needs new tires soon. They are brand new in the box. The part number is in the picture for...
  6. 92exp4x4

Wanted Navajo lower valance

I bought a Navajo last fall and am looking for the lower valance/air dam on the front bumper. The previous owner pulled this vehicle behind a camper and they cut the valance for the tow bracket. Anyone with an extra? Please let me know. Thanks.
  7. 92exp4x4

New purchase

I just picked up this Navajo on Saturday. It's in really good shape all in all, and just needs some cosmetic items. It has the typical rust for this area and the clearcote is completely shot. I'm pretty happy to get this truck, I've been after one for a while to add to my collection. I...
  8. 92exp4x4

Aerostar manual transmission installation.

I bought "Red", my '93 LWB, 4.0 Aerostar a several years ago for $150. The previous owner was loading it full of scrap metal to run the whole mess to the junkyard. I stepped in at the last possible moment and saved this "jem" from the crusher. Initial assessment revealed a laundry list of...
  9. 92exp4x4

Aerostar clutch pedal and bracket.

So I'm seriously considering converting my red van to standard shift. It's a 4.0L 2wd, so should be fairly straightforward swap. I've done this swap in an explorer already, and I have nearly everything I need except for a pedal assembly and bracket. If anyone knows the whereabouts of one...
  10. 92exp4x4

Some must die so others may live.

Spent the majority of the weekend doing the final teardown of a parts vehicle I acquired a while back. For those interested to see a van in it's basic components, this thread is for you.
  11. 92exp4x4

On board diagnostics.

My 93 4.0 van has had an intermittent CEL and pinging under load since I got it. It seems the engine burns about as much trans fluid as gasoline, which is probably part of the pinging issue. Anyway, I hooked up my scan tool this past sunday night and could not get any of the tests to work...
  12. 92exp4x4

power steering pulley removal

Step 1: back into engine assembly at rest on shop floor, with fork truck. Step 2: listen to the satisfying crunch of pulley effortlessly departing steering pump shaft. For some reason I got quite a laugh over this. I figured "that's one way to do it!":D. I guess I need a new pulley.
  13. 92exp4x4

Angle's new shoes..

I've been contemplating over new tires for a while now. The other night I finally blew out one of a crappy set of tires on my limited. These tires I removed from service on my at-the-time-wife's (long story) mazda pickup because they were unsafe. I traded her so she could have good ones, and...
  14. 92exp4x4

Something different. Wheels with a red ring.

Found these on ebay, I think i'm gonna paint the factory steel wheels red to match the van and stick these on with chrome trim rings. What do you guys think? I'm thinking white line tires later on. Of course a set of red lines would be bad a$$!
  15. 92exp4x4

This one is for Rhett...

My 91 Eddie 2-door Its been in storage for a while, about three years. So long that the fuel pump locked up. Gonna get it running again in the next few weeks.
  16. 92exp4x4

Sticky steering wheel

So I was working on my van and I was reminded of something that bothers me... Has anyone else been pestered by the dreaded sticky steering wheel? If any of my 'non-leather steering wheel' equipped vehicles sit for a while, especially in the heat, the wheels and other vinyl worn interior parts...
  17. 92exp4x4

Solved Fuel pump replacement.

Just wanted to say, Ford hit the mark with the areostar fuel tank and pump. This was so easy to change, even on my rust pile of a van. I was expecting the metal lock ring that just folds up upon removal and the rusty tank tangs that never hold the pump in place again, without a prayer...
  18. 92exp4x4

Aerostar van rotors vs. Explorer rotors.

I looked up rotors on Rockauto, and they list a right and left for the Aerostar but Explorers are same side-to-side. Anyone know the reason for a left or right rotor? These are not drilled/slotted units. I was more curious though; if I could use 1st gen 2WD Explorer rotors on the van as the...
  19. 92exp4x4

My Jurrasic Explorer build thread

:JP: Well, I've been wanting to do this for a while, and finally got the chance to start this week. Last year I bought two explorers from a used car lot in Louisville, Ky. One is a 91 and the other is a 93. The 91 was rotted out so bad it was unsafe to drive and was trailered home and the...
  20. 92exp4x4

Fuel gauge problem

I have searched and found 1, non-helpful thread maybe someone out there has dealt with this. Has anyone messed with the anti-slosh module for the fuel gauge? I have two Exs with gauge problems. Both have had new fuel pump/sending unit assemblies replaced, one for a bad pump other for a...
  21. 92exp4x4

DTOR run in Bedford Ky.

Calling all Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio explorers! Trying to gauge interest in a run at the Dirty turtle offroad park in Bedford, Ky. Anyone who is interested please post here. This run will most likely be 5-6 May or 12-13 May. Their website is www.dirtyturtleoffroad.com for those who...
  22. 92exp4x4

Eaton E-locker

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with the Eaton e-lockers or the Auburn ECTED? I am considering this route for both axles in my 94. The truck is nothing crazy just a Superlift superrunner 5.5 kit and 33's. Just curious if anyone has had problems or issues with either of these lockers.
  23. 92exp4x4

Code 34 airbag system.

This is my first experience with an airbag system. Could someone of knowledge explain briefly how they work. My 95 Aerostar has a 34 code as indicated by the trouble light. I have looked around a little but am not sure about some parts that people mention. I understand this to be...
  24. 92exp4x4

Show of hands

I am currently in the process of purchasing a 91 Eddie Bauer 2 door. I am curious to see how many on this forum currently own one of any year 91 to 94. From what I understand, these are fairly uncommon. I have looked for about 4 years to find one in good shape. Eddie Bauer 2 doors only...
  25. 92exp4x4

Explorer Expedition trim package??

Has any one seen or heard of an Explorer two door trim level being called the Expedition? I know this is the name of the SUV that replaced the Bronco in 1997. Apparenly this name replaced the Eddie Bauer package on the two door and they were only built in 1995. Does anyone own a 1995 2...
Back