Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Sold my X. Looking for a new vehicle. Have some questions.

Well, I think I will pass this one, but I probably will buy the other one which looks better. That idiot guy didn't even let me take it on a test drive - was worrying about points on his license??? :eek: The truck was so dirty inside that I was afraid to get into it. It didn't have a muffler...
  2. S

And what can be wrong about emission light then? If Bronco is carbed there aren't any computer units in this truck I guess. How the truck knows that something is wrong with emission?
  3. S

And what was the gas mileage?
  4. S

Tranny? T-case? Engine? How reliable are they?
  5. S

As I already said, I have sold my eX. Reason - I am buying a house. I loved my truck and I took it offroad couple of times (that was cool !!! have some pics too) before I sold it. I really hated seeing happy faces of those guys who bought my truck. :eek: But anyway... I am shopping for the...
  6. S

A4LD Swap option from Advance Adapters

Is it sleeping yet? :D Tell us some news about your new toys.
  7. S

'01 4.0 Liter - H.P. ?

http://autos.msn.com/vip/engines.aspx?modelid=9670&src=vip
  8. S

ok...now i'm pissed!!

Was it OK before you install a chip? Anyway try to take it out and see what happened.
  9. S

why is 5 speed tranny heating up

It is bolted to your engine which become very hot when operating, so I guess the heat is passed from the engine block to the tranny - metals are very good conductors of heat.
  10. S

Help, stuck in 4x4 Low, PLease Help!

You have no hubs in the front by the way.
  11. S

Considering Explorer

People, please... Could someone answer my questions (couple of posts back). My gf wants to buy a Toyota Camry and I don't want her to have that oil sludge problem. I don't mined her having a Toyota though...
  12. S

another tranny story. Help!!!!

I don't know much about prices but it seems a way too high for the t-case motor. I am not even sure which t-case motor are they talking about.
  13. S

You could still try to take your t-case out and install a driveshaft directly from tranny to rear axle. Your truck will be trully 2WD.
  14. S

Your t-case is gone. You know like with manual t-case if you shift it to neutral, truck would still roll no matter if it in Park or in any gear. It just disconnects the output from the transmission to driveshaft(s). Same in your case with exception that you don't have neutral and you cannot...
  15. S

Considering Explorer

Sorry I repeat my post but I need answers very badly. My girlfriend is thinking about buying a Toyota and I need the info I asked for to stop her from that mistake (buying a Toyota). Do you know what years Camry had that design flaw? What does sludge mean may I ask? And is there any...
  16. S

?s about sand driving

Get yourself a LS diff before going there. Your actually 1WD right now. Make it 2WD.
  17. S

Considering Explorer

Does AWD t-case have 4low mode?
  18. S

Considering Explorer

Is there a V8 with 4WD not AWD ever been made, any years?
  19. S

I think you can do it by taking it out together with drive shafts and you will need a driveshaft from 2WD explorer.
  20. S

Considering Explorer

Do you know what years Camry had that design flaw? What does sludge mean may I ask? And is there any other Toyota cars beside Camry that have that design flaw?
  21. S

Can something be screwed up???

Yes, I know that in my truck I can't drive in 4 low on pawed surface, but I am not sure how it works on newer explorers. And yes it actually has 4 low. I have no idea how did she make it back to dilership...
  22. S

Can something be screwed up???

...when driving on 4x4 low on pawed surface? It is a 2000 FORD Explorer with 4x4 auto \ 4x4 high \ 4x4 low switch. I know that I can't drive around on 4x4 low in my truck (91 ex) but 2000 ex has AWD not 4WD like mine. How do new Exs act when they are in 4low - it is still AWD? What happened...
  23. S

Yep... Here is a link http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41647&highlight=4405
  24. S

Good news - it is not a trnny. Bad news - it is a t-caase. There was a treed some days ago. Exactly the same symptomes were described.
  25. S

Should I let my friend buy a Ram?!?!?

I will agree that the engine is good and would last forever, but unless they put better tranny behind that engine I wouldn't even think about buying a Dodge.
Back