Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Feels like ABS is kicking on during low speed stops?

That's what had to be done. Took it in and was told the right bearing was almost done. Replaced that one and the left for good measure since I've no idea if it was ever done by the previous owner. The brake issue has stopped and now I'm free to focus on other things like replacing shocks...
  2. W

Thanks, About the only thing I can do with a vehicle is change the oil and mount/balance tires. When it happens it's a hard pull to the left almost a quarter turn jerk in the steering wheel.
  3. W

Mine pulls to the left; is it safe to assume it's the right sensor?
  4. W

Mine (01 ST) started doing the same thing maybe a month ago. Today after my wife dropped me off at school she texted that the abs light came on after she had gone through some snow that hadn't been plowed yet. When she got home she turned the engine off then on and the light went out. It did the...
  5. W

Pulsing brake pedal

My 01 ST started with this same sort of problem not too long ago. I've had the brakes inspected and all(rotors, pads, drums, shoes) look fine; fluid was contaminated so I had it bled and filled but every now and then my wife(she does the driving) says it still feels like the pedal is pulsing...
  6. W

How to: How To: Drivers Exterior Door Handle Replacement

Looked through everything on ebay and nothing for a 2001 aside from the plastic and some chrome covers. Found TNAAutoparts.com but nada. Thanks though
  7. W

How to: How To: Drivers Exterior Door Handle Replacement

About 3 months ago I replaced both front door handles and they both just broke again... FML right? Are there any companies that make a metal door handle (other Than chrome) and not the POS plastic ones?
  8. W

How To Check And Replace Inner Tie-Rod (pictures & video)

Today a mechanic told told me that the inner tie rod in the right side had "backlash" and needs to be replaced. What the hell is "backlash"? Is it even a real term, I mean this guy is German and speaking better broken English than most but still...parts/ labor total about 260(euro not dollars)...
  9. W

door latch problem solved - temporarily maybe??

Yesterday I replaced the driver side door handle and that damn retarded spring but after testing to make sure everything was back together and working I noticed that the lower claw of the latch doesn't open from the outside; only the inside so I still have to reach through from the back door to...
  10. W

I need some help deciding how to lift my Sport Trac!

If the OP is still interested I found this: http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/x2-spi-for-04.htm The description reads "Lifted Spindles Sport Trac Only We Do Not Have This Spindle". Not quite sure why they would advertise spindles they don't carry but it's whatever.
  11. W

Addco Front Sway Bar

zabteck.com has the Addco's I think. The front comes with new end links.
  12. W

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

Hmmm... I did mine and the sensor just slid out no problem.
  13. W

there should be a little bolt holding it in. try removing it.
  14. W

Locker application

I've already had a lot of experience with rear end swing this winter so I'm sort of used to that. I'm getting pretty good a Dukes of Hazzarding around corners. Just looking for what would help getting in and out of areas the plows haven't hit yet.
  15. W

Locker application

I know I'm a little late chiming in with this. Luckily, my lil 2wd has only gotten stuck once this winter but once is enough right? How will a locker help/hurt in snow or ice; with proper tires I mean(i.e. snow or AT)?.
  16. W

TTs vs Spindles

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to go with the spindles. It's really more than I want to pay for a lift when there is so many other ways to do it. I keep going back to the twist or a set of torsion keys to get it done. Although, it's not impossible to find 11.25" rotors- atuo parts warehouse .com...
  17. W

TTs vs Spindles

Thanks Corky, that really explained a lot- the pic was pretty nasty too. Basically TT is the safer way to go. When you had yours did you have any problems with the torsion bars wearing out and sagging?
  18. W

TTs vs Spindles

I've been looking for a little while and I can't find anyone whose written in about this yet. There's A LOT of talk about TT lifts; a lot for and a lot against. Then there is some talk about spindle lifts. My question is this: What is the difference? Yeah I get the obvious difference but it...
  19. W

2001 Sport Trac - lift questions

There's charts already put together on here, just search for them
  20. W

it does but they're for the stock height, if you lift there'll be a gap
  21. W

If you still want to go for the TT/Shackle lift here's another discussion you may want to thumb through; it's about upgrading the torsion bars to prevent the eventual sag John was talking about. Might take some research to find a dealer- I didn't read through all of it...
  22. W

Not as expensive as a suspension lift- the 3" lift from PerformanceLifts.com runs about 270.00 Just don't forget the gap guards(personal preference); without them I think it makes it look incomplete
  23. W

That's what I plan to do with mine- TT+Shackles. Just don't go over 2" with on the front end and you'll be fine. Here's a link that has more info and a short "how to" complete with pics http://www.egansworld.com/oldsite/Torsion.html
  24. W

Rough idle,Vibration feeling

I'm not a gearhead but the vacuum tube is the usual culprit for me; I did have one car(years ago) with similar symptoms and it turned out to be the timing belt. My 01 has started to get a rough idle recently too. Not in the range yours is and I only see the RPMs drop(800 or so to about 500 then...
  25. W

Thanks for the post. I changed out both front lowers yesterday at the auto center here on post. I've never even changed my own oil before, and the pictures and step by step really gave me a better idea what I was getting into. I've already taken a look at your post for the uppers since they're...
Back