Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Coolant loss, misfire, overheating

Thanks ill have to bypass the core and see how it does. I'll keep you updated.
  2. J

No sign of coolant in oil or oil in coolant no signs of water in trans. Radiator was done this summer. No stench of coolant through the exhaust. Head gaskets were also done on this motor at around 170000. And I ran a compression test on cylinder #1 and all cylinders on that head and it passed.
  3. J

I haven't had the chance to check from below yet. I did however look with a mirror and flashlight and freeze plugs I've seen looked ok yet possible I missed one. I'll have to get under it on a dry day. are plugs on these engines known to let go?
  4. J

Over flow seems to be fine as does water pump. Think its possible the core is leaking through the plastic a/c housing on the fire wall? Could the head be leaking due to a cracked head near a coolant passage and show no signs of major coolant loss?
  5. J

I have a 96 xlt 4.0 ohv with 220000. So for the past week almost ive been loosing coolant pretty good, almost a gallon a day. Head gaskets were done around 170000. Im pulling misfires on cyl #1 over and over. The truck will mis on start up when at idle but not under load. Could these be related...
  6. J

Bad misfire

replaced the plug in cylinder 5. seems to be fine at the moment. thanks for the help
  7. J

Bad misfire

update pulling code p0305 cylinder 5 misfire. im going to pull that plug tomorrow and go from there. i wonder why it took so long to pull a code. had nothing today until i gave it 3/4 throttle this morning before work. hadnt tried the iac because it doesnt seem to be an idle problem. should...
  8. J

Bad misfire

also seems like the higher the humidity the worse it is?
  9. J

Bad misfire

i poked around at them yesterday couldnt find a leak also cant hear one
  10. J

Bad misfire

My trucks running like a honda. 96 xlt 4x4 4.0 ohv. after start up it runs like poop. Its not a idle problem. It feels like it wants to die when you start moving like its missing on a few cylinders. was running lean last time i had a computer hooked up and wires are new as is fuel filter. After...
  11. J

96 explorer odd idle problem

had a similar problem on my 96. turned out to be cracked ceramic on one plug. id check them. none the less sounds like a spark problem. check plugs, wires, coil pack
  12. J

Temp Issue. Help?

On my drive to work today I pulled up on the side of a buddy at a light and unloaded my suspension and got ready for a launch and we left the light. After it was over i look down and my temp gauge is sky high! Any ideas?
  13. J

95-97 Tail light Guard

Id like to find some too. i know they exist somewhere. any help guys? i wanna pull together the brush guard black visor and rack.
  14. J

HID's?

np. they dont really get blue until you get in the 15000k range. just be careful putting them in. our xs dont have much room to get that bulb in
  15. J

HID's?

heres my 10000k on my 96. their stock lenses just wet sanded and buffed:thumbsup: If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for the projecters tek?
  16. J

HID's?

Id go with the hids. but dont spend the money for high beams. the hids are bright enough and you have to swap bulbs for inspection any way
  17. J

Raptor grill for explorer

^^^ i like that one lol:D
  18. J

HID's?

I have 10000k on my 96. I paid $60 with slim ballasts at a local garage. There slightly blue. I love them though, anything reflective looks awesome. Even the road paint! Ill post a pic for you tonight once it gets dark. :thumbsup:
  19. J

Front Wheel Bearing replacement

pop the wheel off and turn the hub you may feel grinding. best way is to pull the whole hub and feel it turning in your hand.
  20. J

Raptor grill for explorer

$3000 holy ****. might as well buy a new truck
  21. J

No Start - Seems to be fuel pump or fuel pressure issue!

Yea just try it on level ground and it wouldn't hurt to check your fuel filter.
  22. J

No Start - Seems to be fuel pump or fuel pressure issue!

The hill could have something to with it because the fuel pump is farther to the rear. Also check the fuel pump safety switch located under the glove box. Mine shorted out some how a while ago. So being in the woods I jumped the gap with a carter pin and never had a problem sense...
  23. J

Helppppp

I dont know much about your x but i can guarantee you can find something on the forum
  24. J

transmission fluid in radiator

the radiators on the xs have the tranny cooler built in to the sides. i had the same problem. the radiator cracked and the trans fluid started seeping in. id say check the radiator and after that get your trans fluid checked as said in thread cause the coolant can cause issues.
  25. J

Rapid temp fluctuation 95 Explorer, but does'nt overheat yet...

My 96 4.0 does the same thing in the cold. Everything's new. the only thing I can think of is I have a small crack in the top of my radiator. Maybe that's messing with it somehow.
Back