Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Will 03 Explorer 17 inch wheels fit on my 96 XLT?

i have been running them for 10 months. they fit fine and only rub at full lock.
  2. S

18inch Cobras or 20's???

make sure they fit and have the right backspacing
  3. S

SkiFi2 XM radio receiver

its the exact same form factor as the ski fi 1 (which is still way smaller then any sirius radio)
  4. S

what shocks do yuo run? how do you like them

i have monroe sensatracs on the front. they dont seem any better then the stock shocks. ill do the backs in the spring, its 30F out right now.
  5. S

Ever sleep in your Explorer?

yeah i have slept in the back with the seats folded down. and took naps in the drivers seat. have a sport so the rear seats are just for passengers.
  6. S

Best "Flowmaster"

i have the regular deltaflow 50 series
  7. S

Help! Can't find rotors!

yeah if you tell them you have a sport trac they will pull the right rotors out for you. i replaced mine with powerslots.
  8. S

Warranty about to expire !!!!!!!

replace the front suspension. like clockwork something will go wrong within 1-2 thousand miles after your warrenty expires.
  9. S

Driver Needs Immediate Help!!!

is the check engine light on? did you pull the codes?
  10. S

rear u bolt wont go threw the shock mount

the trick is to not pound it onto the axel. first thread it through the holes in the shock mount. then pound it onto the axel. pounding it onto the axel first will not let you squeeze the ends together. just let it sit above the axel a few inches. and take off the lower bolt that holds the...
  11. S

4x4 ball joint removal. wont clear spindle

that would have probably done it. but without a write up i am clueless on how to attempt that.
  12. S

Lights dimming normal?

i have 2 12" rockfords with a 400watt bridged rockford amp. 1 farad cap. no dimming.
  13. S

i dont see anything i can do putting it back together, letting the dealer do it.
  14. S

2001 4x4 sport. was able to get the tie rod off and ball joint free. now i cant jack up the A arm enough for the ball joint to clear the spindle. i know i dont have a spindle per say since its 4x4 but i cant clear whatever its called that the studs go into. the other wheel is on the ground...
  15. S

Painting rotors - think this will be ok?

just get http://www.powerslot.com/ rotors
  16. S

Synthetic Oils?

i like synthetic oil because i change it in november and dont have to change it again till march when the weather is nicer.
  17. S

2006 Explorer

thats the new anti-rollover sensor :)
  18. S

Last time for 235s on the '02

245 are now stock on the new XLTs.
  19. S

Bear Lake Run/whoops/beach baja!

Nitrous SSC love the videos! Thanks for sharing!
  20. S

time for the 20th speaker...

my nintendo gun works on a tv but not a computer monitor. i have no idea why. let me know if yours works
  21. S

What amp to drive these subs?

i would recomend a 400 watt RMS 2ohm subwoofer amp. i have no idea what the RMS rating on those subs are, cant imagine they are over 200watts each for 50 bux.
  22. S

XM Radio Roady

the display has 7 selectable colors, you can change it in the menu. best buy usually charges around 40 bux to install. its very easy should take them about 15 min.
  23. S

RF Punch Z 4 ohm question

too much power??? NEVER SAY THAT! just turn the gain down, no big deal.
  24. S

2002 Ford Exp. Rims on a 99 Explorer??

i have 2004 17" OEM rims on my 01 sport. they do rub at full lock. ive heard a few scraping noises while parking. i would recommend the 2004 rims, they dont have that nasty center cap anymore and have exposed lugs. maybe ask hartman how he adjusted the steering stops instead of using spacers.
  25. S

Installing HU Questions

best buy will have all the parts you need. ask for a wiring harness, an amp bypass kit and the radio trim piece
Back