Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Crazy nightmare starting problem 02 4.0

mtstorey, My 02 XLT 4.0 has similar problem. Consensus is it's the fuel pump. 2002 XLT 4.0 V6 4WD Very Occasionally Won't Start
  2. S

2002 XLT 4.0 V6 4WD Very Occasionally Won't Start

Wouldn't start again last Tuesday. I had run several errands including some highway driving. On the last stop of course it wouldn't start. Sprayed some starter fluid and it started right away and ran until the starter fluid was exhausted. Did that several times so definitely was not getting...
  3. S

Can't say for sure but it was done by the dealer so should be Motorcraft.
  4. S

This has happened twice now. It cranks like crazy but seems like not getting any fuel. First time was 5 months ago. I let it sit overnight and it started fine the next day. No problems since then until today. Today did the same thing, cranks and cranks but won't start. I waited 30 minutes this...
  5. S

Can anyone point me to explanation of C2100 code?

I'm getting a P0161 and C2100. I've seen the P0161 before and probably need to replace 02 sensor. I'm having trouble though finding anything concrete on the C2100 code. TIA for any help provided.
  6. S

Check this before replacing brake light switch

After replacing the switch twice I found this post and found the switch itself was fine. It was actually a flaky connector that was causing the problem. I've taped it up and it seems to have done the trick.
  7. S

How to disconnect the rear A/C blend door actuator?

Rear A/C blend door replacement I have the same problem and took off the panels but I don't see anything that looks like I could replace. There is mostly a large black plastic casing. I was afraid to try to remove it because there are some metal pipes going into it that I believe are freon...
Back