Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

1998 explorer XLT air conditioning problem (electrical?) help please!

Well I replaced the resistor and now the fan speeds work properly. However, it's evident now that the temp control doesn't work properly. It's either really cold or really hot, seems to have trouble getting anywhere inbetween. Also, the air only seems to get cold on max AC.. on any other...
  2. C

1998 explorer XLT air conditioning problem (electrical?) help please!

Hey whats up everyone, my stepdad has a 1998 ex XLT that's having AC problems and I told him I'd take a swing at it. I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. I have the haynes manual, FWIW. So the system is charged and the air is cold and everything. However, it only works...
  3. C

Am I the only one who is most comfortable with the seat..

I've said that one too many times.. I wouldn't settle on my explorer unless it had leather, moonroof, power everything, v8 awd the works. Glad I waited, ended up getting this beauty for $2000
  4. C

I personally have never sat like this before. I've owned an 02 Dakota, a 00 neon and a 95 mustang and they were all cloth without power anything (cept the stang, had power locks and windows). My EB is the first nice truck I've owned, and I'm not sure if the fact that it's luxurious has anything...
  5. C

Also.. So seriously, you guys don't do this? When my wife drives she also puts it all the way forward and up.. she can't reach the pedals with the seat where I usually leave it :D
  6. C

Do you work in a hospital? Brain surgeon? I can't imagine a civilian having access to pictures of a whip that sssiiiiiccccckkkkkkkk
  7. C

Although I suppose it is also entirely possible that I am just G'd up with my mother ####ing feet up amongst a sea of []'s. I also keep $15,000 cash in stacks on my dashboard at all times.
  8. C

Not reclined all the way.. if you have power seats, you have controls to seperately raise and lower the front and back of the seat. All the way back, all the way up, and the back of the seat lowered as far down as it will go. Yes, that is how I drive. I feel if I go any closer I am all over...
  9. C

All the way back and up, with the back tilted as far down as it will go? I'm only 5'10" but somethin about this leather just makes me want to recliiiiinnneeee
  10. C

Mercury nightmare.

Told you so (everyone lol). Glad you got your truck running well again, I hope you didn't dump too much money into the issue!
  11. C

Does my 98 EB seriously not have a glove box light?

Not in my truck apparently
  12. C

Does my 98 EB seriously not have a glove box light?

So I changed my fog light bulbs today, figured while I was at it I'd do the one in the glove box since it's never came on (had the truck for a month). Bought the bulbs, went to replace them and Even with my haynes I can't find where they are located. Location of bulb (pic or description)...
  13. C

2nd gen explorer, in dash deck/dvd?

Good to know. Thanks!
  14. C

Any double- what unit? I want to buy from crutchfield.com. Any specific recommendations from their selection that would fit well?
  15. C

Hey guys, just bought my new ex. It's a 1998 eddie bauer with the full stock mach system in it. I'm going to start with a new deck. What I was wondering, is does anybody make a screen deck that doesn't flip out - it just fits perfectly into the space of the factory radio and is flush with...
  16. C

1998 explorer EB 5.0 spark plugs

Well, so much for diffusing hostility with a little humor. Interesting debate though, it's making for a good read full of helpful information. I thank everyone who has contributed thus far.
  17. C

Power window issues

I understand. I don't have vast knowledge of how the window tracks and motor all work together. But for reassembly, I'd recommend drilling any rivets needed and using a nut and bolt for reassembly to save yourself some trouble. Good luck, hopefully others will have better advice
  18. C

Power window issues

Not sure about your question on your windows, I'll wait for someone else to chime in. I just thought I'd let you know that when I replaced my front 2 lock actuators I drilled out the rivets and reinstalled using a simple nut and bolt. Much easier. Makes for easier disassembly in the future, too
  19. C

Great! But instead of wires, I'm going to twist the ends of all the hangers into a big knot then run a bare 0g wire from it straight across my engine bay (and then weaved through my headers, then following the exhaust back and wrapping around the gas tank, then over the river and through the...
  20. C

What if i just stick some coat hangers through some wine bottle corks and shove those into the engine block? Does cork rust?
  21. C

You guys are ridiculous
  22. C

Dumb Idea

Haha that'd be cool until you realize you gained 0 hp.. Then the next time it rains your intake can drink a few glasses of water. It'd be great.
  23. C

Water out the tail pipe and running hot...

Don't forget that a blown headgasket itself will cause the motor to overheat - maybe that was the cause, not the effect? 180k is a decent amount of mileage, it's possible that it was just time. Have you kept up on the maintenance?
  24. C

Window Tinting 1999 XLT

I just had my 98 EB front 2 windows tinted to match the privacy glass in all the rear windows. It turned out to be about 23% (factory)
Back