Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Oil in exhaust, plug #3 continually fouls, milky oil...

Like, as much time as it would take minus an hour or two a day to work on college. With as many oil leaks as it seems I have, I'm not sure where to even start. lol Yeah, that's what I was wondering... I'm betting you guys are right. The yard I referred to is less than 5 miles up the...
  2. M

These 5.0's are too much of beasts to be of the female variety ;) Getting pretty close to 200,000... If I remember right - 198,000 and some change. Problem is, this is my daily driver with no backup. I'm trying to weigh my options as to what would be the quickest and easiest for diagnosing...
  3. M

body to my 1997 XLT is in!

Very nice. I like you're custom steps.
  4. M

331 getting the drop in my 98 AWD (lots pics)

If you've already got the motor to go in, are you just having fun ripping the old one apart?
  5. M

I'm guessing valve seals but I'm not sure. I also have traces of oil in the engine bay on top of the valve cover and on random parts dripping down the back side of the engine. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of getting the heads from a nearby junker and this gasket kit. The engine there...
  6. M

2000 4.0 efi explorer

Good question. And.. Do you want something just for looks?
  7. M

Cold air intake? Yes or no?

Yeah. You have the Throttle Position Sensor and the Idle Air Control Valve on the throttle body. The IAC Valve will be the larger of the two. Which engine do you have?
  8. M

Front bumper?

I was thinking about modifying the stock steel bumper and putting a 99-01 plastic cover on it. The steel bumper would act as an impact bar and provide decent support for the cover. I personally would much rather have the newer look.
  9. M

rockers

Wish I had found this before I ordered mine from LMC Truck... Good post. Thanks a lot! :)
  10. M

New!! Questions and my first real post

I would do a seafoam cleaning and then swap out fluids for fresh like raga said. Which engine are you running?
  11. M

331 getting the drop in my 98 AWD (lots pics)

Ouch man. Looks like it went down harsh. Good thing you've got a 331 going in :thumbsup: Keep us updated.
  12. M

Cold air intake? Yes or no?

I'd say go with the old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - As far as the ignition coils go. Plugs and Wires are good if it's been a while since they've been replaced.
  13. M

Headlights turning on and off on there own

Clicking noise makes me think Relay. The way it's acting makes me think either sticky relay or bad switch.
  14. M

Completed Project Brandon's mild 4.0 OHV build

HAHA. Glad to see you got your pulley bolt out finally. I couldn't think of any way of getting it out without removing the crank entirely. Nice work so far! :thumbsup:
  15. M

turdle's mounty moves on

There's a peanut in your plenum lol Where did you order it from? I didn't think a TFS-R would have that long of runners. In EFI theory, you would think for higher RPM power you'd want a larger plenum and shorter runners... maybe I'm wrong?
  16. M

'98 5.0 rebuild

How you're going to build your engine is all going to depend on your budget, really. Whether you're upgrading to new heads, porting out stockers, rebuilding the bottom end with forged vs hypereutectic pistons... money is going to be the main issue. Speed costs money and there's really no way...
  17. M

questions about changing out the gears in the front

You think wheel bearings would be a good thing to change out while changing gears and differential? I know some kits I've seen on Summit come with them so it might be something to think about.
  18. M

'98 5.0 rebuild

With both Supercharged and Turbocharged you would want lower compression unless you have a REALLY good tuner and a stout bottom end. Your cost effective solution would definitely be to rebuild. Are you rebuilding this yourself or having a shop do it for you? If done by a shop, I'd ask for an...
  19. M

turdle's mounty moves on

Wooow. Tight fit but you managed just fine. I just hope your engine doesn't shake too much to have that header be smacking into the steering shaft a whole lot. Are you using stock downpipes or are they going to be custom fabbed too?
  20. M

Mounty off, power goes bye-bye...

This thread was on the second page so I lost hope lol Took the battery out and inspected it tonight with my Wal-Mart-bought voltmeter. 0.00... but as I took the battery out, I noticed that the sides were protruding and I didn't hear any sloshing around. Took off the battery cap and sure...
  21. M

relay questions????

This site helped me out a lot... http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm Find is right on the money but if you're like me, visuals help out a lot more than just words.
  22. M

Mounty off, power goes bye-bye...

First off, info's in the sig. The last time I touched the Mountaineer, I was attempting to remove the fan clutch. I went back in today to rebolt everything that I took off so I could start running it. Here's my problem. I thought the battery was just dead from sitting for a while and...
  23. M

347 RE-Power 1996 Limited AWD

**** or tires... problems are inevitable ;)
  24. M

Failed Body Lift Attempt...Ideas?

When you don't have a lot of money, they're definitely expensive lol I did the same thing. I broke one bolt and gave up. What I plan on doing is going around the entire body, loosening(or snapping) every bolt around it, jacking up the body and replacing each one for security purposes at...
  25. M

4.0 SOHC Performance Motor Build

Good man. :thumbsup: You try to cheap out now instead of doing it the right way you'll most likely regret it in the long run. Not too familiar with using JB Weld but I've heard that sometimes it works for a while and sometimes it doesn't even hold up.
Back