Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Door ding even with key removed

I just did the zip tie fix, hope it holds. Here's a couple pics... https://bu.mp/bDekdM
  2. S

Tips on removing Crankshaft pulley? 1998 Explorer SOHC

I'm having a heck of a time getting the pulley off my 4.0 ohv. The crankshaft bolt came out fine, and I've got the puller installed with the proper bolts, but the thing won't budge! I've put so much torque on the puller bolt that I'm afraid of breaking the pulley's hub. Plus, I broke a strap...
  3. S

!!!!!Harmonic balancer stuck!!!!

Did you manage to get it off? I'm dealing with the same issue now. Hit it with a bunch of PB and let it soak over night, applied some heat, even broke a strap wrench holding the pulley while turning the puller-bolt. I did not imagine the pulley being this hard to remove!
  4. S

97 4.0 OHV Oil Leak- Timing chain cover

Very good info, thanks. :thumbsup: I have a Haynes manual on the way, I assume that'll give me the torque specs I need. Honestly I've never even thumbed through the manual, so I'm not sure what I'm going to see in there. Will it give me a good run down on proper gasketing, or should I just...
  5. S

Thanks for the responses! The shop that quoted 1200 said that was about 200 parts and the rest labor. He said that the timing cover has been updated, so the new one should be put on. So between the new cover, water pump, and gaskets he arrived at ~200 for parts. Has anyone heard about this...
  6. S

Hello everyone, I've been lurking and learning a little from you guys and now I have a question that I couldn't find already answered. Lately my rig's been leaking from the front timing chain cover. I notice a rattle on startup that got me worried about the timing chain tensioners- until I...
Back