Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Back seat won't fold down.

The problem is that the cable that allows the left bottom of the 60 seat stretches. Take the seat out and find the lever with the cable. Use needle nosed pliers and remove the cable from the notch on the roller wheel. Slide the wheel off. Cut a new notch between the 2 existing notches. ( use a...
  2. C

Fix for 60 side of rear seat not folding on a 2 latch seat. You have to remove the 60 portion...

Fix for 60 side of rear seat not folding on a 2 latch seat. You have to remove the 60 portion of the seat. 4 bolts are 19/32 and 2 bolts are 3/4. Take the seat completely out and stand behind it. Turn the seat so you can easily see the latch with the cable. Use needle nose pliers and pull the...
  3. C

Back seat won't fold down.

see my reply See my reply under rear seat lever. I fixed my 95 Limited and didn't spend a dime, just a little time.
  4. C

rear seat fold down lever

I fixed my 95 Limited rear seat. First you have to remove the 60 side of the seat. There are six bolt holding it down. I used a 3/4 and a 19/32 deep well ssocket plus an extension. This is a little hard to do by yourself. Put the seat on the ground. Stand behind the seat. On the right side...
  5. C

95 Limited electronic climate control problems

I've answered my own question. It's the blend door actuator. $82 bucks at Ford dealers and they usually have it in stock. One thing I found out. The new actuator comes with a new bracket. After much sweating and swearing, you can't get to the back bolt to the bracket. Pull the new one out of the...
  6. C

95 Limited electronic climate control problems

My A/C function cools fine on 60-65 degrees but if you punch it up to 69 degrees it goes nuts! The blend door completely closes and goes to full heat. There's no temperature adjustment at all. I either have full cold or full heat. The numbers change on the panel and all the other functions...
Back