Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Ray Hutchinson

Truckhaven 2024 Run?

What about February President's Day Weekend for a 2024 Truckhaven run? That's February 17, 18, 19, with possible spillover a day either side? I'm picking a 3 day weekend for those who don't have as flexible schedules as some others. We've got a month to prepare! What say you? Anyone???
  2. Ray Hutchinson

Truckhaven 2024 Run?

Hey Tom, Did it happen (Gearing) ? If so, how's it drive? On highway or will it need to be trailered? Let us know!
  3. Ray Hutchinson

Truckhaven 2024 Run?

Great Garage , BTW Rick . I'm definitely envious. As for T-Haven, well it just didn't happen this MLK weekend, But that's OK. Pretty cold and windy out there right now. Can we put something together in March or April, before the heat gets oppressive? Let's think and talk about it! Far...
  4. Ray Hutchinson

Truckhaven 2024 Run?

Ohhh Rick. Garage project! What's that entail? Garage Projects are always good!
  5. Ray Hutchinson

Truckhaven 2024 Run?

Is anyone considering a Truckhaven 2024 Run on MLK weekend in 2024? That's Jan 13,14,15, 2024. Only a little over a month away! Or... another week-end? For us retired folks every weekend is a 4-5 day weekend. Sorry, Just had to throw that in. :thumbsup: Deb and I did last year's truckhaven...
  6. Ray Hutchinson

Truck Haven March 17-19 2023

Thanks Stic-0. We actually had a good time, and while it would have been even more fun with the group,, we both would still do it again. And Oh Yeah, forgot to mention: Got our corned beef and cabbage for St Pat's on the way out on Fri. Stopped for lunch in Banning just off I-10E at a place...
  7. Ray Hutchinson

Last of T-Haven Trip: Sunday, 3-19-23, am. left Ray and Carol's Hotel by the Sea about 9am. Headed into Borrego Spr. on S22, South on Yaqui Pass Rd , then West on 78 to Plum Canyon, (A-B State Park) to scope it out for a different event later in March. Not at all challenging 4X wise but a...
  8. Ray Hutchinson

Report from T-Haven, 04/18/23. Fantastic WX: Clear, mid 70's, light breeze. Got a little late start (10:00 am) after some shopping in Salton City. Ran Marina Dr. Trail from HY 86 through T- haven all the way to S22. Then on Into Borrego Springs. Ran Coyote Canyon from Di Georgio Road to the...
  9. Ray Hutchinson

So Far, So Good. Ray and Carol passed away a few years ago. Their Grandson is running the Motel now. They've remodeled all the rooms. We' re in "First Mate" room, downstairs and in the corner. Clean quiet. and roomy. No complaints. I'd recommend it to anyone. Also had dinner almost next...
  10. Ray Hutchinson

Well, 4 pm on Friday. We're at "The Motel By The Sea" in Salton City! Checked out the old campsite area, off N Marina, but NO EXPLORERS! Anyone else gonna be here?
  11. Ray Hutchinson

Addendum to above post: In addition to 147.240+, and 146.520 MHz, I'll also be monitoring GMRS Ch 19: 462.650 MHz, AKA as "Six Fifty". I think CB will be mostly useless as the sunspot cycle has risen to the point where local stations are pretty well blanked out by the skip during the daylight...
  12. Ray Hutchinson

Latest 10 Day WX forecast for Borrego Spr. Deb and I are going out to Salton City / Borrego Spr. on Fri am and leaving Sunday am. If anyone else shows up, great! Otherwise we'll poke around the A-B State Park, etc. I'll be monitoring CORA's MT Laguna 2M Rpt @ 147.240+ (107.2) , 146.520...
  13. Ray Hutchinson

The latest 10 Day Weather forecast for Borrego Springs, thru Saturday, 3/18. Should be pretty good. Possible showers on Wed 15th, other than that, Good Wheelin' WX!
  14. Ray Hutchinson

OH, COMMON Guys: My best HS Buddy's Dad said it best! "Growing old isn't for the faint of heart". So let's not become Faint of Heart! I hope we're (Debby and I) not going to be doing T-Haven SOLO! Yeah, I still got stuff to do to the rig, but today is finally not feelin' like it's sub-zero...
  15. Ray Hutchinson

Wait, What, March 8? Maybe they do have some rooms. Guess I was still in Feb or something
  16. Ray Hutchinson

Well, I just called to recind my option for a 3rd (Sunday) night, and they're all booked until March 8, so it wouldn't have worked anyway. :confused:
  17. Ray Hutchinson

Stico, Since we don't have an RV, and we're so over sleeping on the ground, for several T-Havens now, we're stayed at "Ray and Carols Motel by the Sea" in Salton City. It's small, but clean and according to Ray & Carol's grandson, who now rums the place, all the rooms (only have 4 rooms) have...
  18. Ray Hutchinson

Tom! Even better. Seems like I remember your first Ham Mobile radio, Back in the Day, was 2 meters only. Glad tiosee you upgraded to the world above 300 MHZ!
  19. Ray Hutchinson

And right you are: That chart is GMRS / FRS. Not to nit pick, but you wrote: "The GMRS frequencies are in the upper 2 meter band," AS you already know, the 2M band is 144-148 MHz, VHF. From the chart, GMRS is in the 462-467 MHz UHF range, well above 2M. It's more accurately just above the...
  20. Ray Hutchinson

Great Tom, Glad to Hear that you renewed! Yes, GMRS is becoming the go to radio service for off roaders here in S. CA, who don't want to bother to study a little and pass a simple muiti-guess 35 question test! It offers more quiet ,clear FM, skip and a**hole free , albeit shorter range...
  21. Ray Hutchinson

CA WX: It's only got 16 days to straighten itself out! Got a few things to do to my ride also, and it's too damn cold and wet out there for a geezer like me! Wonder if it's gonna be a mud run? We're still looking forward to T-Haven, even if only to catch up with some of the old gang, and...
  22. Ray Hutchinson

Question about March 17-19 (Booking an area Hotel): How many nights are folks planning on lingering in the area? Frfi nite, Sat Nite, then last runs on Sunday, and then heading home, OR will it hold over into any Monday activities this year? Group restaurant dinner one night, or just campfire...
  23. Ray Hutchinson

T-Hvn: March 17-19, 2023. It's on our Calendar! Ray and Debby Hutchinson
  24. Ray Hutchinson

I think it's gonna be Mud Haven or Wishy-Washedout on MLK weekend, giver the current Atmospheric River / Bomb Cyclone we're experiencing right now. WE're open to Feb or March. Warmer is good on these old bones.
  25. Ray Hutchinson

2022 Return to TruckHaven / Oct-Nov timeline.

I can definitely relate! (76). That's why I mortgaged the farm, bit the bullet, and went for my last 4X Harrah: the '22 Badsquatch. Got a couple more T-Haven runs in me, I'm hoping!.🤞
Back