Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jelkins

2003 ford explorer, clicking noise when heater is on

i did my wife's like 6 months ago but i just took out the stereo and the plastic surrounding it to include the vents, it was kinda a pia but so is the way the write up explains but less removal of items. depending on the tool selection that is. the motor wasnt that expensive either. best of luck...
  2. jelkins

Hey man thats a pretty nice rig you got, I was curious if you did the axle swap yourself? I am...

Hey man thats a pretty nice rig you got, I was curious if you did the axle swap yourself? I am looking into doing a SAS with the Dana 30 when i get home from Kuwait. another question i had is i looked through your pics too and i seen the one where your leafs looked all jacked up (excuse me i am...
  3. jelkins

wrecked my baby!!!

i dont get out that much to really do a lot of wheeling but in my spair time i like to go playing around. do you think its a good price for the dana 30? it might actually be cheaper if i am doing a lot of the work as i plan to but he said like 1k to 1500 for the axle swap with him doing all of...
  4. jelkins

wrecked my baby!!!

sorry Dune RCR and bruce. i cant get any photos or any thing now after i wrecked my truck i left for kuwait for a year so i really didnt have much time to do any thing. i moved my family back to north carolina. so it brings me to this question. im sure i probably wont have many answers for yours...
  5. jelkins

wrecked my baby!!!

the axel looks like its a little twisted on the right side but the brackets look normal and so does the radius arm
  6. jelkins

wrecked my baby!!!

ttb and the tree and tow strap didn't work as well as i thought... i just need a quick fix for now I'm going to kuwait in may but i have to drive my truck to north carolina from georgia but i can't turn nor can i install the sway bar link uhhh what to do i don't really have the money to take it...
  7. jelkins

wrecked my baby!!!

ok so hears the deal a week ago i wrecked my truck by rear ending a crown vic. anyways it broke my headlight bent my fender a lil broke my stabilizer link bar and pushed my axle on the right side back about 1-1/2in. well to the question i have been staring at this axle for days now trying to...
  8. jelkins

Coil Spring issues NEED INSIGHT

Well it's been awhile since I have went wheeling the only thing I have done to the front is adjusted the camber an replaced the outer tie rod ends. Now yesterday I pulled the coil off and the fingers on the bucket that hold the coil sort of in place were bent?? Not too sure what happened but the...
  9. jelkins

thanks man i really appreciate your help i still haven't delt with it yet but i m going to as soon as my wife gets back from physical therapy.
  10. jelkins

thanks to the both of you I'm going to look into the j brackets as well now did you make those or buy them and I'm going to give it a shot this weekend and see what happens pls let me know about the hooks I'm thinking i will do that asap. and would you have any idea why the coil would be bending...
  11. jelkins

top pic is passenger side and bottom is driver side i will try to get a better pic tomorrow of the way the coil is bending at this point I'm a lil worried to drive it don't want to screw it up more thanks in advance for the help
  12. jelkins

so i was flushing my radiator today when i noticed that my coil spring on my drivers side look like it had a little bend to it and it kind of seems like it is trying to work out of the bucket or bracket on top I'm going to post a few pics and hope some one responds
  13. jelkins

cylinder 5 & 6 !!!!!

would you happen to know any thing about the fan clutch system. before i swapped the engine my engine was slightly quiet now it sounds like a hmmwv after it gets warmed up and the fan kicks on you know how they get really loud. i do know my blade is cracked in several places and i can spin it by...
  14. jelkins

cylinder 5 & 6 !!!!!

i just used the rockers off my old engine all though eventually im sure im going to have to replace the lifters i can still hear the tapping a little being cold its just normally on start up but im thinking that the badly worn rocker is right above a slightly sticky lifter so im going to run...
  15. jelkins

cylinder 5 & 6 !!!!!

And no more tapping thanks for all of your help
  16. jelkins

Whats that noise???????

Ha ha 2 months later sorry I just seen this post im going to say you are probably right on that but I think that it was the valve seals but regardless I already did an engine swap but now once I get this thing tip top I'm going to focus on rebuilding that engine thanks that will give me...
  17. jelkins

cylinder 5 & 6 !!!!!

Sorry I have been busy with the honey do list and the holiday but yes I finally torn it apart again ( I think this is maybe 5th time ) and I did figure that the rockers were bad and boy were they my problem now lies with the lifter hmmm should I dig deeper I don't know. Good thing is while I've...
  18. jelkins

cylinder 5 & 6 !!!!!

@ cribb so are you still in campbell i have a boy over there from 3/82 spc bishop huge head you wouldnt miss it lol he use to be a navy boy @ birdy im not too sure what the sound of a lifter not pumping up is but i know mine is pretty loud i know im definitely not going to be able to tear it a...
  19. jelkins

cylinder 5 & 6 !!!!!

Mr. Cribb are you saying you left there in feb or got there in feb? Who are or we're you with? I just left there in sept I'm at Gordon now changing my mos to 25n nodal network system operator maintainer in Bragg I was with 82 CAB E co 3/82 they just deployed again. When I firs got there in 09...
  20. jelkins

cylinder 5 & 6 !!!!!

Well the ticking is constant hot and cold, and just curious what will holding it at 1500 rpm do? are you thinking it might loosen things up? I'll see if I can get a video uploaded so you can all hear. Some time this week I'm going tear this thing apart and check the rocker arms and pushrods...
  21. jelkins

Engine swap

Hey tuck don't know if you got it yet but I just did this less than a month ago if you don't get any help what I did was jacked up the tranny as far as I could and lowered the engine enough to slide the engine into the tranny and line up the motor mounts it really was a pita but it worked I got...
  22. jelkins

Georgia

Any one in or around the augusta georgia area. I just moved here going to finish up my truck and hopefully find some good places to wheel
  23. jelkins

firing issues (SOLVED)

alright wood1 im going to start by saying im a bone head. tonight i was surfing the forums and ran across one about the firing order and need less to say i solved my issue by simply going back over the firing order. i had the wires for 5 and 6 switched once i swapped those 2 out it was almost...
  24. jelkins

cylinder 5 & 6 !!!!!

ha ha birdy your funny i think you got me maybe like five mins ago before reading you post i was retracing my steps and in my manual i would like to believe i read the wrong diagram for the firing order and had the plugs for those 2 cylinders switched i was just about to go crazy like to the...
  25. jelkins

firing issues (SOLVED)

well i havent replaced the lower intake yet i just swaped the fuel rail, upper intake and injectors yesterday just to see if the injectors were the problem but after i check the compression and for ***** and giggles i will check the wires like you said im going to swap the the lower intake and...
Back