Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

abs and traction control light?

While driving I don't feel or hear the bearing going bad but ill check it anyway,never know.the codes I ended up getting were C1234 C1145 C1963 B1676. Yesterday when I was ohming out the front sensor I greased the plugs.hooked the scanner back up and still had the two lights on.I drove the truck...
  2. S

abs and traction control light?

whats going on guys,i got another issue with my truck.2006 awd mountaineer.here is what happened,driving to work last week and the abs and traction light came on.they would go on and off randomly i cant make it happen every time.twice i had the tires lock up on me pulling out of my driveway.i...
  3. S

4.6L spark plug problems

yeah the kit works great.if any one runs into this problem and wants to put new inserts in all cylinders i suggest to use the CAL 39300 kit..i picked up my new plugs and coil boots this morning spent about an hour or so putting everything back where it had to go on the top of the engine.crossed...
  4. S

4.6L spark plug problems

alright guys its been another long weekend without my truck since the shop is closed sat and sundays.i ended up taking a half day at work so i can put more time into my spark plug issue.i went out pizza found a 19/32 half inch shank drill bit about 6 1/2inchs long. also i had to find a...
  5. S

4.6L spark plug problems

i started looking into some kits for fixing the situation that im in.my local advance auto parts as the DORMAN HELP 42025 kit in stock for $65.00.so i told them to put it on the side for now.after work i went back to my buddys shop to continue where we last left off.i sprayed every plug with...
  6. S

4.6L spark plug problems

wow,yeah im in the same situation.so you used the leslie tool to pull out the ground shield and all that was left was your threads from the old spark plug. now do you remember how the leslie tool worked,since it has to screw into the spark plug hole to press the electrode down so the other...
  7. S

4.6L spark plug problems

so i ended up spraying some potant rust away into the hole and let it sit for 15hours hoping it would help loosen up and partical stuck to the spark plug.i used a 1/2 12 point deep socket.i tried to tap it on to the spark plug and it ended up being to small so i heated the socket up till it was...
  8. S

4.6L spark plug problems

Ill try the 12point 13mm and the 1/2inch being that a 9/16 and 14mm are lose around the plug..I seen on another form on here that heating up a smaller socket like 13mm till almost red and tap it onto the socket when it cools it should shrink around the plug and hopefully comes out..
  9. S

Help! Rounded spark plug!

Hey expoleder240k any luck with that spark plug?I ran into the same situation and really don't want to pull the head.
  10. S

4.6L spark plug problems

Hey whats going on guys,I kinda ran into a bad situation.I own a 06 mountaineer with the 4.6l v8. Its my daily driver to get back and forth to work. As of most of you already know that changing the spark plugs are a hassle. Well last night cly 8 started misfiring on me. I pulled the coil out...
  11. S

No turn signals, no dash lights, no luck!

i have the same problem.flasher and blinkers not working.i ended up taking a +lead jumper wire and tapped into the red/white wire which would be number 3 inside the flasher.my blinkers and 4ways work now.if i unplug the flasher it stops working.so im wondering whats causing me to get no power to...
  12. S

blinker and 4way flasher problems??

hey whats going on guys,i got a 5.0 97 mercury mountaineer awd v8 i need some help with my blinkers and 4 way flashers.about a week ago my my trailer plug wires touched each other and sparked when i was putting a new plug on.i poped a fuse so i replaced it.now i got nothing,no blinkers or 4way...
  13. S

1997 AWD mountaineer frontend noise

i took the old viscous coupling to a tranny shop and he tested it for me in a vise.it was frozen solid when it should have a slippage to it.i replaced the viscous coupling and a new chain trucks drives better then ever! thanks every1 for the advice and info:thumbsup:
  14. S

i already took the transfer case apart and took everything out.im going to find a new viscous coupling and replace it with the old one in the case.put it all back 2gether and hope for the best.if i still have that binding feeling ill check out the shaft also. thanks
  15. S

thanks for the info guys.im pretty sure its the viscous coupling in the transfer case that is pretty much what everything leads to it.now would anyone know where to get a new viscous coupling for a good price?lol thanks
  16. S

well the front diff was a quart low on fuild so i just added to it.the color of it was like redish like tranny fuild. with the shaft out it doesnt roll away in park. would any1 know whats exatly in the front diff that might cause a binding feeling when making left and right turns?and how...
  17. S

the drive shaft is used.what can go worng with the drive shaft if its used?i pulled the visous coupling out 2day and i dont see anything wrong with it.is there any way to test it or sign so i know that it is junk or not?also is there any clutchs besides gears in the front diff?thanks
  18. S

i drove the truck for like a week without a shaft and drove mint.as soon as i put the front shaft in is when it started to make the humming nosie and felt like something was binding in the front also
  19. S

hey whats up guys.i just bought a 97 mercury mountaineer all the time AWD.found out a week later it was missing the front drive shaft.i put one in and now im getting this humming nosie and slight vibration in the wheel.the frontend was a quart low on oil so i added a quart.when i make left and...
Back