Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Need replacement glass fog light lens for 99' Explorer -

My lens on the passenger side is missing half of it. I have looked everywhere and all I can find is the entire assembly. Anybody know where I can get just the glass for the passenger side fog light?
  2. S

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

Stupid question but, are both bands ALWAYS adjusted to the same specs, like 2 full turns back? Or can they be different?
  3. S

My truck still shifts hard into 3rd, and the OD light is blinking. It gave me a 2nd gear incorrect ratio. It what order, and what should I start checking? The band adjustment helped a tiny bit. Any info would be great
  4. S

I adjusted it 3 times. Is it hard or expensive to replace a band? I will be doing it myself.
  5. S

band adjustment on a 99' 4.0 explorer 4x4 Ok, so I have the 5R55E 4x4 tranny, did the band adjustment on the intermed. band and it worked great. 2 full turns back. The OD band however made it worse turning 2 turns back. It wouldn't go back to normal until 4 turns back. By the way it shifted...
  6. S

99' Explorer throwing a P0732 tans. code and need advice on what steps to take -

Ok, so my 99 Explorer XLT 4x4 has been shifting hard from 2-3rd. I changed the filter and fluid, not a single shaving in the pan. Just some soot. Then the abs light came on for a while, then the o/d light started blinking. I got the codes, it said abs- had a bad rear wheel senor, and the...
  7. S

Doing a tranny rebuild on a 99' explorer 5R55E

I would like to know what years of what vehicles I can grab this transmission from. (5R55E) I'm doing a rebuild to throw in my truck, and I'm having trouble finding one. Which years are iterchangable? Any tips and info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.:us:
  8. S

All you need to know about keyless entry

I just bought a 99' XLT 4x4 explorer, and I have a fob from a 2001 ranger edge. I tried the steps listed here, the door locks cycled on the 8th turn, and I pressed the button, but nothing is happening. Any suggestions? Is this even possible, since the key fobe is newer?
  9. S

Buying an explorer. Which years are the most reliable?

I know some have transmission issues, but not sure which years. Any advice would be great, thanks.
  10. S

I'm thinking of buying an 03' Sport Trac, so I have some questions.

I am thinking of buying an 03' sport trac with 61,000 miles on it. They want 12,800 for it and it is in really good cond. I am just wondering if there are any major problems with these like the tranny or engine. I know the older explorer's had a big problem with transmissions and i just want to...
Back