Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

New wheels and tires are on, what do ya'll think?

Plus one. They look great. Gives me the impression of the authority to off-road.
  2. N

Finally removed the side steps

Also took out my side steps... To paint them black. But nice, Explorers do look more aggressive without them steps.
  3. N

New Shoes for my ST

+1 Awesome looking wheels. Built for off-roading. Well done!
  4. N

My Explorer as it sits now....

Actually the truck looks good as it sits. For my suggestion, I would have Bull Bars with Integrated Fog Lights. Also, if possible, larger rims and tires. Looking to mod up myself.
  5. N

Husky Mat pictures

Nice set of good looking mats there. I'm planning to buy a set by next month before the monsoon season kicks in. I think those Husky Mats cost less than Weather Tech mats.
  6. N

93 5 sp tranny to 91

Thanks as well for this info. I will also be working on the clutch of my Explorer tomorrow morning. The OEM Clutch Slave Cylinder had arrived from shipment awhile ago. The Bellhousing also I found had some mitigated damage. Will replace that. While the hydro clutch is undamaged.
  7. N

Problem with Dash Lights

Thanks also for that info. Been meaning to take notes on them dimmer switches. Will work on them this weekend.
  8. N

Does this sound like a blower motor resistor problem

Happened to me once. Same symptoms and for my part it turned out that my stock Blower Motor Resistor was at fault. Had to replace it with OEM since I couldn't find a nifty spare.
  9. N

List of Useful Threads Complete 2nd Gen A/C Troubleshooting Thread

Most likley I think the Motor Resistor is most often the culprit in such cases where either the fuses are either grounded or there are negation on the wiring. Indeed, I have seen like you pointed out confusion between the Knobs for manuals and BMSP's for electronic ones.
  10. N

Valve cover gasket

Thank you very much for the above info you posted. Been searching for awhile on the subject. Will add them to my ready notes. :us: EDIT: Now they will come in handy for these OEM Valve Cover Gasket Set that I will fit in.
  11. N

Valve cover gaskets

Thanks also for all your infos. You helped me decide to get rubber ones for them Valve Covers. Thanks! I will buy them from a local dealer here. I found these oem Valve Cover Gasket Set for contribution.
  12. N

heres a new 1, rear windshield exploded..

True ^^. Windshield / Rear Windshield replacement are never cheap. Unless you get it from cannibalism or from a junk yard (which are very rare) Even OEM are just a bit lower in prices compared to FORD originals. Still pricey. I recommend cannibalizing windshields from legal chop shops...
  13. N

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

Thanks for this. I was searching the forum for quite sometime and I am thankful for the following info. Many thanks again! Thanks also for the vids. Those helped.
  14. N

Decieded againest Struttek struts.

Thanks for the site and link. I was looking for a strut assembly that I plan to purchase next month and have it shipped. Will see what prices they have on.
  15. N

New Year's Upgrade/Replacement Resolutions

For my part: - A new front passenger side door handle - weatherstrips - A Westin Bull Bar - Cargo Liner - CV Axle Assembly parts - Ignition Wire Set
  16. N

Clutch

Thanks for this brand. I'm canvassing parts for my 2011 repairs and very timely too. Will check autozone to see if what I can get.
  17. N

Rear A/C-heater Blowing fuse

Thanks for this, I will relay this info to a friend on who is currently figuring out the same thing too. Thanks again.
  18. N

Head gasket leaking Coolant. Options.

Thanks for that. Have taken note. Also I saw an Ad here about them repairing those blown Head Gaskets. Learning so much here that contributed to my DIY.
  19. N

Replacing AC Compressor on 95 FEX

I bought this AC Compressor for my 95 FEX and I was searching online for DIY notes or How To's Came upon this site on ehow for replacing an AC Compressor for a 96 FEX. I was wondering if I can follow and apply the same set procedure for my 95 FEX. Tools for Replacing Air Conditioning...
  20. N

Cowl hoods (1st and 2nd Gen)

Thanks for the site, looking for a cowl as well as me and the guys here have a weekend restoration project for a 91 FEX. I was in charge of finding parts like them cowls.
  21. N

need to repalce front universal joint (drivers side of front differential)

Used the search box as I was having trouble finding the ball joint on my FEx. Came to this forum. Found it. My stock ones were needing replacement due to wear and tear plus age. Will DIY it from the infos I learned here. I bought them Ball Joint from OEM site. Thanks.
  22. N

custom colored ford emblems

I like the metallic ones without the trade mark Blue backdrop.
  23. N

Alternatives to weathertech mats?

I have heard of Husky Mats, they are good too. My cousin in Minnesota uses them and once installed, he never had a problem. BTW, due to budget constraints I have decided on Michelin mats for $30 up front and $55 for the back.
  24. N

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

I love the look and smell of new engines. I checked the prices of the 2011 Ex in CA. I'm hoping they come in Flexi-terms; similar to that of the F150 truck.
  25. N

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

@John_Rock awesome ride but your photography are exceptionally stunning. :thumbsup:
Back