Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Hub Assemblies - What to buy? $45 to $200+

its not a hard replacement. I usually by lesser quality and it last me about 3 years on avg.
  2. E

No High Beams

check fuses too, i had that issue and it turned out to be the fuse awhile back
  3. E

into accident

I lost control a couple years ago on black ice and I ran off the road went over two boulders and broke two trees in half. One landed on the Explorer, I was lifted with skid plates underneath and a push bar up front and all I really had was a dent on the hood and a pushed in bumper. When it was...
  4. E

31s on 15x7 rims

it works i had it before i upgraded to the 15x8. i had minor rubbing on full lock on the sway bar
  5. E

tie rod? making noise

lowers arent too bad changing. here is a how to: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188225
  6. E

Right low-beam headlight does not work

it might be the fuse i had a similar issue
  7. E

What is my real coolant capacity?

i believe it 12qts
  8. E

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

ill show mine finally lowered it after having it lifted for a couple years.
  9. E

99 mountaineer lowering and sounds

take out the torsion bolts. it should drop you like two inches, you can change your torsion keys out to ford ranger drop torsion keys and get another inch or two.
  10. E

What is the best exhaust for my 5.0? End all be all

gibson did mine and my friends and it took maybe an hour to remove and replace. We cut everything off including stock hangers and bolts.
  11. E

Need 97 OHV Engine Pics

you get pictures? i can run outside and take some in the dark
  12. E

Mystery sound

You wheel hubs need to be replaced. Its not a hard fix, but wheel worth it. It is a little more involved than changing your brakes.
  13. E

Tire size

31's or 265
  14. E

Rims and tires......again

mine stick out 3.75 bs with 31's
  15. E

NEED HELP TO LIFT on 97 XLT Explorer UN model

looks great. i want your front bumper
  16. E

95-97 Tail light Guard

i have a set im not using
  17. E

2nd Gen Explorer Skid Plate

Nope! Went on perfect. It just took my space for my bull bar but I will just modify my bull bar to fit.
  18. E

2nd Gen Explorer Skid Plate

I have it installed on my truck Ill post pics of it tomorrow
  19. E

Feels like back end is coming out on curves to the left?

im having the same issue. i changed the shocks all the way around. new alignment and still get like the truck is giving out on turns at a certain speed. all i can think about the left spring pack is loose.
  20. E

I smell coolant and my mpgs are down.

Lower intake gasket
  21. E

I'm chopping up front tires...why??

if your talking about tire cupping its usually from bad shocks. I did get some inner tire wear from bad tie rods too.
  22. E

Help me pick my tires!!

I have kelly safari tsr and I couldn't be happier. Had them for almost a year and still have tons of tread on them. Good on dry. Good on rain. AWESOME IN MUD AND SNOW!!! Decent on ice. Ride smooth and low hum on highway.
  23. E

I need new rear leafs, help please?

you can add shocks with helper springs to help with load capacity. They are a little over a 100 bucks for the pair. It will help with an extra 1000lbs of capacity or so.
Back