Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

The Student's F-250

Currently they are 37x13.5r20 but the future plan is to pull the lift off and put it on 35's. Lately its been getting punished because it's below freezing here and I cant plug it in at night or at work, but it starts every time. If anyone has ever heard of a solar powered block heater, I'd love...
  2. C

The Student's F-250

Got myself a present before Christmas and finally got it back on Thursday. Here is the latest.
  3. C

Stic-o's F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4WD

Ah, I knew people cut them but I wasn't totally sure as I still have an uncut 2000 header panel but have a 1 piece light. The previous owner did it so I wasn't sure if it was just a different type of aftermarket light. The grill however defenity doesn't fit correctly on my truck. The bottom...
  4. C

Love the new headlights. Is there a reason you didn't go with the 05 one piece headlight?
  5. C

Battery: Best way to minimize charge loss when parked for extended periods?

I don't have experience doing this to an ecu car but in theory it should work the same. The key is to just get a battery disconnect. Yes this means you will lose all of your programmed radio stations but theoretically you would just be resetting the ECU (the 10 minute reset that people do when...
  6. C

The Student's F-250

Dug through my photos this morning to see that I took zero photos of the new steering wheel, I do have a photo of the instrument cluster saying cruise now. But that isn't that important. I did however see the muddy photo that shows the other modification I forgot about which is painted my...
  7. C

The Student's F-250

I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow. But the latest addition is a complete swap of the master cylinder and steering column. The reason for this was to maintain oe parts for cruise control. The task took me somewhere between 1.5-3 hours. And I can say if you are mechanically inclined it is...
  8. C

The Student's F-250

Just putting this here so that I can have a place for photos of the truck besides Facebook. If I need to resize photos just let me know. The vehicle that took over for the 3rd gen EX, for winter driving is a 2000 F250. It is powered by a 7.3 and as you will see from the photos is a work model...
  9. C

Alright. Soon I'll make a thread as it is the new secondary. The mustang is primary, solely for better fuel economy.
  10. C

Which model warns do you have. I only ask because I have Stock hubs in my truck and the auto locvk no longer works. And was wondering which company or if to get premium hub locks.
  11. C

Stick-o with about 2 years worth of service how are the superwinch hubs treating you? And are they fully metal or do they have any plastic parts?
  12. C

Electrochomatic mirror wiring ?

Hmmm. I can't figure out how it needs to be wired. When plug it in to my vehicle it works but when I bench test by supplying 12v over pin 1 through ground at pin 2, it doesn't turn on.
  13. C

Electrochomatic mirror wiring ?

I searched through my Chilton manual and online, as well as here. Could someone possibly tell me the voltages of the three wires connected to the auto-dim mirror?
  14. C

Vanity Mirror Covers Won't Stay Open

You're welcome but watch out with the wires back there. If you short it out, the fuse also connects to the radio and made a really quiet ride home.
  15. C

Vanity Mirror Covers Won't Stay Open

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300552 I posted about a fix a while ago, its about half way through.
  16. C

The Work In Progress

Update: The original hood has gone back on as I needed a car that looked more professional during job searching. The side steps have been reinstalled due to short girlfriend. And that's about it on the explorer side. Somewhat recently bought this pretty thing and am trying to fully decide...
  17. C

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

Been a while since I've checked in but I gotta ask if you were worried about possibly changing the weight rating on the springs when you coated them? And I never asked in the past but I believe you also used to do brake calipers in the past but not any more is this for worries of seal breakdown...
  18. C

2002 XLS rear head rests

If you are talking about the type shown in the picture bellow, I don't believe removal is possible
  19. C

2002 Explorer XLS

I meant the difference between engine compartment vs passenger compartment. And, yes it is under the steering wheel area. I just believe its on top of the unit and not the underside which contains the fuses.
  20. C

2002 Explorer XLS

According to the manual the flasher relay is located on top the top side of the passenger compartment fuse panel. Location number 5. This can be found on page 182 of the owner's manual.
  21. C

Multi-source Relay Wiring

Alright, thank you guys for your help.
  22. C

Ah okay, thank you. I would have double checked that connection compared to online diagrams before plugging everything in, but do you know if the section leading to 86 is correct. I plan on having the multi-source (trigger) but don't want any source to back power any other source (trigger)...
  23. C

I drew this up. Would this be the correct way to wire this?
  24. C

let's try this again

Ah I've actually never noticed that body line but I do now. What's the plan for the rear bumper, if pan I believe there is a lot of welding, vroom could elaborate on that.
  25. C

let's try this again

I'm interested in the look of the red stripe, could match really well. As for the bumper, I've never even seen one like that. I thought you meant this one But If going for dramatic change, why not the entire ranger front clip, like your thinking with the mounty
Back