Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Current being drawn and draining the battery

Thank you Tech. I'll pull out mu old Multi-Meter and try that.
  2. B

Current being drawn and draining the battery

Hello all. I currently am facing another issue with my 2004 XLT 4.0 that only started this past weekend (April 8th). Has anyone had the below issue and if so how was it resolved? Took it to the Mechanic as a 4month old battery died and a replacement 2 day old battery died. The mechanic said...
  3. B

Indicator light stays on and does not blink...

Thank you TechGuru......... the video was very helpfully. I will update once completed,
  4. B

Thank you lincolshibya... will work on it this weekend.
  5. B

Hello all, long time since I have been one here. I am hoping to be guided in the correct direction. My L and R indicator is getting inconsistent. In that more now so the light does not blink, it just stays on: dashboard light and the indicator light on the truck. Has anyone had this problem...
  6. B

04 XTL - Power windows | Read Defrost | Rear wiper | Rear washer issues

Hello all, it has been a while since I posted so please bear with me. :) My '04 XLT 4.0 is having issues as described in the title any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. I'll Start with the Windows first: All power windows will no go down or up. With the help of some posts, I...
  7. B

Passenger compartment fuse panel

Hello all.... I am hoping you can help me with an problem I have on my 2004 Ex XLT. My Rear Defrost, Heated Mirrors, Rear wiper and rear washer fluid is not working. I checked the fuse panel in the engine bay but they all seem good, I tried to look at the Passenger compartment fuse...
  8. B

2004 Explorer Fog HID inquiry

Well BAD you were right.......... I simply changed flipped the connection and ti worked... MotherFFFFFFF......... well it works and now I know when i get tothe headlight if I run into the same issue just to reverse the connectors....
  9. B

Thanks guys. I changed the fuses back to the original and tried a Harnes that has a relay in it but no luck. Just saw 1Bad04 note and i will checking the voltage tonigh.
  10. B

Hello all. I recently purchased a plug and play HID kit where the instructions state to change the fuse to a 20amp fuse. So I changed fuse 16 and 44 from 15 amp to 20 amps. Next is plugged the HID in and turned the fog light on for 20 minutes but no dice. HID not working. So I re-connected...
  11. B

04 Windows stopped working..help!

Hello all, thanks for this write up, will be usingthe note from here this weekend to fix my window issue. I think it is a spliced wire as the lock buttons do light up but the windows don't. I fixed my door Ajar issue which I thought would have corrected the windows but it did not and I was...
  12. B

Going to look at a double SAS'd 3rd gen

Hi all, apologizes in advance for my ignorance, but what is SAS? Don't know but the trucks looks sweet.
  13. B

HID Projector 04 Explorer

Hello all, this may be a silly question but can I retro fit my fog lights to these projector lights? I have a 2004 Ex and I do need them for country driving, ocassionaly, so I don't need it all the time.
  14. B

General consensus on tires

Glad to help
  15. B

General consensus on tires

check this site out. I have the Yokohama GeoLander and I love ithttp://www.apa.ca/WinterTires2011-SUVs.asp
  16. B

Aftermath of Tranny Fluid change

Thanks alot all. Here is corssing my fingers that it is only low fluid is the issue.
  17. B

Can I check the fluid before going to the Mechanic? If so how. @Manjina. Sorry yes he did state MERCON V
  18. B

Thanks all, according to him he did use the MERCON fluid suggested by Ford. I'll go back and have him check the fluid level and gasket
  19. B

Hello all hope all is well. I am looking for some advsie on what the issue is and how it can be corrected. I took my 04XLT 4.0 to my mechanic and asked him to drop the pan let the fluid drain, change the gasket and filter. I alos had him change the transfer case fluid. All was good...
  20. B

Rockfrod P3D212 (500W RMS)

Thank you
  21. B

Rockfrod P3D212 (500W RMS)

Hello all. Can you advise on the best frequency I should build a Subwoofer Box for 2 P3D212 for the deepest sounding bass? I heard 32Hz but I also heard 36Hz? Does it make much of a difference?
  22. B

LPort Box Calculator

This may alreay be here. You can use this link to design your basic Subwoofer box as it shows your total volume and the frequency the box will be at. http://www.reaudio.com/LPort_Box_Calc.php Note it is not specific to RE Audio Subs or to any subs per say. Enjoy.
  23. B

Changing tailight bulb?

Just in case, the below is a copy from the 2004 Manual
  24. B

Transmission fluid/filter changed!

Hi, all I am in the same boat for my 04 XLT. I want to get the fluid changed in the Tranny and the 4x4 transfer case. I called the Ford dealer ship and asked a few questions, that I have had advice on from here, such as the Filter, Pressure.... etc and the Ford Tech said, that there is no...
Back