Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

SOHC Intake Manifold

Bump
  2. R

SOHC Intake Manifold

Is there a trick to removing the upper intake manifold bolts on an SOHC? I loosened them with a torx bit but they do not come out all the way. I was able to get them about an inch and a half out and then it feels like something is preventing them from coming out from underneath the intake...
  3. R

SOHC Intake Manifold Torque Specifications

What about 2002? Thanks purevenom1 but this is another reason why I try to stay away from Autozone. They are just too unreliable for me.
  4. R

2002 Ford Explorer Sport
  5. R

Anybody know what the intake manifold (upper and lower) torque specs are on a 4.0L SOHC?
  6. R

2000 4.0 sohc coolant leak HELP

Thanks Janolsson. I guess I'll have to remove the intake anyway to get a better look and see if I can spot the leak.
  7. R

Is it possible for coolant to leak from a bad intake manifold gasket on an SOHC? I thought it was just air and fuel circulating in there. How can I tell if it is the intake gasket and not the head gaskets (which I am praying it is not)?
  8. R

I also have coolant dripping from the bottom of the engine block (towards the rear) and onto the exhaust. I have checked the radiator, upper and lower hoses, and thermostat but do not see any signs of a leakage. I've read posts about the heater core and/or heater core valve leaking coolant but...
Back