Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

U-Haul hitch - part # 78166

Thanks Joe. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Nice tight fit under the bumper. From what I can tell the U-Haul hitch (#78166) is indeed a Valley #V81680 unit, which seems to me to be the same as the Hidden Hitch #70647 unit. Or am I missing something?? BTW - we have exactly the same...
  2. D

U-Haul hitch - part # 78166

I am thinking of getting the U-Haul hitch as their price is only $105 CND. No picture of the U-Haul 78166 on this thread anymore. Is this it?? If not does anyone have a picture of it?? Please post so I can see what it looks like before I buy it. Thanks!
  3. D

Rims + tires Question

hi all - just wondering about a similair issue I'm having. I have a chance to get some free Ford EX 16" stock rims with larger 255/70/16 tires for my 2000 XLT which currently has 15" stock rims with 235/75/15 tires. Would I be able to replace my 15" rims/tires with the 16" rims/tires...
  4. D

Tire and rim advice needed

nvm - deleted
  5. D

What size Wheels for a 1998?

hi all - just wondering about a similair issue I'm having. I have a chance to get some free Ford EX 16" stock rims with larger 255/70/16 tires for my 2000 XLT which currently has 15" stock rims with 235/75/15 tires. Would I be able to replace my 15" rims/tires with the 16" rims/tires...
  6. D

Ford Rims

nvm - deleted
  7. D

How do I know if I have the towing package?

I have a 2000 XLT with the below pictured pre-installed wiring harness by the rear bumper (passenger side) of the truck (immediately up and behind the rear passenger side bumper). But it was DOA for some reason. We checked the wiring but nothing seemed to work. So much for using the $10...
  8. D

Help me with trailor wiring!!!!

Hey all - I have a 2000 XLT with the below pictured pre-installed wiring harness by the rear bumper (passenger side) of the truck (immediately up and behind the rear passenger side bumper). But it was DOA for some reason. We checked the wiring but nothing seemed to work. So much for...
  9. D

ABS activates at low speeds?

Sounds like I am having brake issues on just before I come to a complete stop/ low speeds (2000 XLT 4L 4x4 2ndgen). Front ABS sensor eh? Guess I'll drop into the dealer to get a diagnosis of the problem...
  10. D

All you need to know about keyless entry

Thanks OP for this info. Just bought a 2000 XLT and the previous owner who owned the truck for 2 years had no idea what the code was. I found it in one day! :)
Back