Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Trans Cooler what to get?

So I have the 01 explorer V6 4.0 4x4 and have been asking about temps should be. Now I wonder what is the differences between trans coolers? I have a small one its about 5" x 9" big. NOT BIG. Should I add a bigger one or change to one big one? Is there any effects running with an over size...
  2. B

Still need HELP!

Trans cooler Here is what ford sent me. Tier 1 Email - CRCFMC <crcfmc@ford.com> 5:21 PM (18 hours ago) to me Hello Leonard, Thank you for your patience while we researched your recent inquiry about the running temperature of the transmission oil on your 2001 Ford Explorer...
  3. B

Still need HELP!

yes I'm talking about the transmission Temps
  4. B

Still need HELP!

Originally Posted by thebrakeman View Post 1. Is that "about 3500 lbs" the dry sticker weight, or the estimated loaded weight? 2. Do you have the HD towing package? It is dry weight. Only two people and two dogs. Maybe grandchildren at times. I have a III hitch there is a 5 x 9 trans...
  5. B

Still need HELP!

Reply to the brakeman It is dry weight. Only two people and two dogs. Maybe grandchildren at times. I have a III hitch there is a 5 x 9 trans cooler in front of rad and a new anti sway system. I went to a tranny fix'em shop today asking him and he mention the extra cooler wont really help...
  6. B

Still need HELP!

I called Ford Motor Company and asked what should the running temp and what should a high temperature be at its highest before being a danger. I called two times and waited for a return call. N waited and still waiting. I have a 01 Ford Explorer Sport trac 4.0l I'm the 2nd owner and it looks...
  7. B

What should the Transmission Temps be????

Running Temp for automatic HELP HELP -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I called Ford Motor Company and asked what should the running temp and what should a high temperature be at its highest before being a danger. I called two times and...
  8. B

Running Temp for automatic HELP HELP

I called Ford Motor Company and asked what should the running temp and what should a high temperature be at its highest before being a danger. I called two times and waited for a return call. N waited and still waiting. I have a 01 Ford Explorer Sport trac 4.0l I'm the 2nd owner and it looks...
  9. B

One (1) windshield wiper stopped

On my 01 ex sport trac the passenger side wiper stopped working. The nut at base of wiper dosn't move. The wiper moves by hand with no restriction's. I'm not sure what I need to check next.
  10. B

New England Explorers - Still Active?

New England EX Club here in the green mtn state. South of Rutland. Not an off roader. I do love my trac.
  11. B

Tran' Temps in a 01 sport trac??

trans temp should be Thanks for your input I'm hoping that a I get more replies.
  12. B

Tran' Temps in a 01 sport trac??

Hi I got my ScanGauge ll and got it connected. Today in the AM I drove about 24 miles into town. Along the way at about 8 mil into the trip the temp was about 146. Then I hit a long incline it got up to around 157F doing about 40mph below 3rpm's. On the way down it returned to around 147...
  13. B

transmission Temp Gauge

trans temp gauge Thanks for your reply. I was also thinking of getting one of these too. I still would like a back up that isn't ele. A mechanical trans temp gauge should give me a peace of mind. Now that your saying a leak could happen I will keep this on my list to check and check again.
  14. B

transmission Temp Gauge

temp gauge I was thinking about getting this too. I still want a mechanical gauge. Thanks for your reply
  15. B

transmission Temp Gauge

Thanks for all the replies I've gotten that I posted about towing. I have a 01 Explorer Sport Trac V6 4.0 4x4. I'm looking for advice on what type/brand Transmission gauge to buy? Mech or Ele? Reason is to watch the temp in the transmission while towing. I already have a transmission...
  16. B

transmission Temp Gauge

I have a 01 Explorer Sport Trac V6 4.0 4x4. I'm looking for advice on what type/brand Transmission gauge to buy? Mech or Ele? Reason is to watch the temp in the transmission while towing. I already have a transmission x air cooler. I thinking of putting the sender unite into the side...
  17. B

Towing Help please

Hi I have a 01 V6 4.0 Ex ST 2x4. I have the option of buying one of two campers. 1) is a 04 Hi-LO 22' TowLite. 2) is a 2011 FunFinder 189FBS. My problem is I can't answer this question so I'm asking for help. Question is one has the 1) hilo 04 is low wind only 71" high when its being...
  18. B

Wanted Bucket Seats

Looking for a pair of Bucket Seats for my 01 ST 4.0 4x4. I'm in Vermont looking for seats in a few hour drive. thanks
  19. B

Towing with ford 2001 ST V6 4.0l

Ive been told to post my question here. To get some of my concerns answered. I have for a TV 01 ex sp trac V6 4.0l 4x4 automatic 5 speed trann also my axel code 42 axel ratio 4.10. What I want to tow is a Gulf Stream Ameri lite 24 ft. Hitch weight is 430 lbs. Weight of 24BH 3,625 lbs I...
  20. B

what is the hitch weight

here is the weight of the TT we are looking at Its a Gulf Stream 09' / 24 ft long has a dry weight of 3625 and the hitch weight of 430. I'm waiting for my class 3 hitch to get here. Also coming is wiring to change from 4 to 7 plug, also a sway control your the only reply so far...
  21. B

what is the hitch weight

I have a 01 ex st V6 4.0L 4x4 AutoMat with an axle code of 42. What is the hitch weight of this Veh.? How do I check what the hitch weight for towing is? I'm confuse with all of this stuff. Why would it mater if the weight of what I'm towing is lower then my allowed weight? thanks
  22. B

fifth wheel hitch?

thanks to all thanks for the input... Not going to do it. hope I didn't waste anyone's time on this subject. Still would it be great to add to the frame a hitch and be able to pull a lite weight 5th wheel camper? thanks again and have a great 3 or 4 day weekend.
  23. B

fifth wheel hitch?

why class 4? Ive been told that a class3 is good for what my st will tow? What will it do to jump up a class in the hitch? The other stuff you mention is on my list and besides adding to the trann cooler and temp/gauge. thanks for your input
  24. B

fifth wheel hitch?

Im looking a a 5th wheel hitch scamp 19 ft about 2100 lbs. But its a fifth wheel set up. Any ideas out there? Seen pictures of a fifth wheel change over to a ball hitch. Adding onto the frame of the camper to the ball hitch. Has anyone seen this and know what should be done? thanks
  25. B

Any idea how much a New Axle seal job is going to cost?

Seal Can't really say but the rear seal one side its much maybe was about 120 to 150$. Then I change to syn oil
Back