Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

explorer gen 2 reservoir shock absorber exist..?

just wondering if there's a set of Reservoir Shocks to suit Explorer Gen 2...? I have been looking through google but all the shocks have different mounting compare the original shock off gen 2, is there any way you can help me where or who sell ém? thank you...!
  2. G

INLET MANIFOLD T-PIECE AIR HOSE

thanks! i tried the t-piece but the angle is not that good, i assumed i need a original piece... i am hoping no issue f i disconnect and block it but the idle start to play up time to time...
  3. G

INLET MANIFOLD T-PIECE AIR HOSE

Hello fellow explorers, just need ur help to find what do u call with this #part or if you have the part number will be good easy for me to google it. its located under the inlet manifold connecting 'Idle Air Control' (IAC) valves... [Gen 2 V6 SOHC] thanks!;) '][/URL] '][/URL]
  4. G

Battery current draw

hi there, finally got back checking this issue (battery draining) five months ago i replaced that GEM module but stilll same having same problem... I am thinking to disconnect one by one and see how it goes :dunno:
  5. G

AUTO TO MANUAL TRANSMISSION SWAP

Thank you once again... is there any particular computer for the gearbox or it is the main computer of the car located on the engine bay fire wall? Thanks
  6. G

I see... but yeah maybe ill take the wiring harness and computer as I have the whole car for spares lol, thanks heaps! Cant wait to make this work and next stage is to get a manual transfer case
  7. G

Thanks! Sounds good! So i need to change the computer too right? And wiring harness? Thank u
  8. G

Oh cool! Thank u
  9. G

Hi fellow Explorers, im sure this been done before but somehow I couldnt find it here in search.... Just need to know if the 1999 Explorer with OHV 4.0l engine, Manual gearbox will fit on 1997 Explorer SOHC 4.0l ? Is the engine block the same bell housing bolt pattern? I have a1997 Ford...
  10. G

Battery current draw

yeah it looks like they different from yours.... I'm thinking just to buy the GEM module and see how it goes, I read few threads mentioned about replacing GEM module... Hope it helps !
  11. G

Battery current draw

thank's for your reply... and found few pictures of fuse boxes for 1997 XLT V6 SOHC
  12. G

Battery current draw

oh sorry... not blown my friend its just draining my battery, when ever I leave the car for 3days untouched then it will flatten the battery... I found out these fuses makes the current draw and don't know what and why... the multimeter showing 0.56 amp draw and then when ever I pulled off...
  13. G

Battery current draw

hi fellow Explorers... in my 1997 XLT Explorer V6 SOHC I have this on going battery for being dead after few days and finally have time to check and found that from the inside [RH Dashboard] cabin fuse box [no.25] and [RH Engine bay] fuse box [no.7 no.8 no.13] not sure why but any help out...
  14. G

Xlt explorer custom_s 1997

Yes it need to get an engineer cert. and I am sure you can insure that with no problem... you just have to find a vehicle modified insurance...
  15. G

Availability? Its like what we call here in down under "cut and shut" lol... im thinking using a VJ Jeep front suspension assy my friend then just upgrade it slowly for heavy duty Diff..
  16. G

Flash how are you mate! Nah I dont have space on the roof but yeah its a good Idea about warming up the water but the water is warm enough under the Explorer from all the heat esp the exhaust side... About the snorkle, maybe first week yes it kinda bothers me but got used to it now my friend...
  17. G

Heya! Yeah the front locker is working good but i recommend to do the Brown Wire mods... Soon I installed the locker and went for drive it feels the front wheel want to stay straight and better be aware when your turning on the intersection or round abouts because the wheel will fight to go...
  18. G

PROBLEM: hesitate on quick acceleration

I found this before but it did not made any difference....
  19. G

thanks for your reply.. I have tried open up more air flow but still the same and yes the cams is suitable for Off Road... its funny sometimes its okay but sometimes it does the hesitation / gagging on acceleration...
  20. G

Drive belt tensioner noise

thanks guys...!
  21. G

:( HELP..! still have the problem... :mad: hesitate on quick acceleration if I depress the accelerator easy then its all good, Just remembered I think its worst when its on load.. The reason I say that, I remember going through flood water and it feels like the car is about to stall (lack...
  22. G

Drive belt tensioner noise

all good now..! :salute: I fitted slightly shorter Drive Belt and its all good, no noise at all... Thanks for all your input :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Back