Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Power steering fluid?

That won't get all the fluid out. Also is there a good synthetic fluid I should use
  2. P

Power steering fluid?

My wife's 07 mountaineers steering is starting to make noises so I figured it's te for a flush. What's the procedure, how many quarts, and what type of fluid?
  3. P

5w30 oil?

Have any of you switched to 5w30 instead of the 20 in your 4.6? Ive been reading and found a few that have I was just wondering if it would be beneficial at all?
  4. P

overheating

My wifes mountaineer is overheating. It has the 4.6 v8. I read the temp today with my scangauge and it went up to 230 then I shut it off. I notice once it gets hot the fan will constantly blow and makes a loud whooshing sound. I also notice that when it changes gears theres a quick screech under...
  5. P

Tune up?

Any writeups on all the flushes?
  6. P

Tune up?

Our mountaineer has 135,000 miles on it. Besides changing oil and sparkplugs I havent changed anything else. It far time to go over it. So what else should I be looking at? Anything specific to this model? So far im changing: Air filter changing brake fluid fuel filter coolant
  7. P

overheating

My wifes 2006 mountaineer V8 overheats. She says itll only do it sometimes after the truck has been warmed up. She will come top a stop and the temp will spike and she will get a warning light then it will go back to normal and be fine. When the temp spikes she hears a loud whooshing or...
  8. P

Heater issues

Ok thanx. Where is the resister located and how do I test it? And is th eblend door the one located behind the glove box or is there another one somewhere else?
  9. P

Heater issues

My wife tells me her 07 mountaineers fan stays on high no matter what speed she puts it in. Also the passenger side is blowing cold air. It has dual climate. What do I need to look for, could it be electrical?
  10. P

Aftermarket stereo parts?

Only thing is I dont think that one does steering wheel controls
  11. P

Theres this one but its more than I want to spend. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MbJAQ3Ad8x9/p_541RP4FD11/PAC-RP4-FD11-Wiring-Interface.html
  12. P

Which plug are you referring to?
  13. P

Yea well all the plugs I see that retains the steering wheels control and subwoofer are super expensive
  14. P

Thats what I did and thats why I asked if the wiring harness from them would work cause it says it will but Im not sure. Im not getting my HU there cause I can get ti a LOT cheaper elsewhere.
  15. P

2007 aftermarket stereo install

Will be installing an aftermarket pioneer double din in our 2007 mountaineer. Do I have to use the aftermerket housings or do they fit in the factory hole just fine? Also what wiring adaptor are you guys using to reatin steering wheel controls and factory amp? Will this one work...
  16. P

Will be installing an aftermarket pioneer double din in our 2007 mountaineer. Do I have to use the aftermerket housings or do they fit in the factory hole just fine? Also what wiring adaptor are you guys using to reatin steering wheel controls and factory amp? Will this one work...
  17. P

brakes grind when turning

I just replaced both rear pads and the rear passenger rotor in my wifes 2006 mountaineer. Now when i turn left the rotor makes a loud grinding noise.
  18. P

ABS and traction control light comes on

Just jacked the truck up and moved each tire back and forth and they are all solid. Guess Ill get the codes checked. Would the abs sensor have anything to do with the traction control?
  19. P

Havent been replaced and theres no noise. How do I check them jack the truck up and move th etires up and down? Could it be the rear bearings?
  20. P

Both lights come on my wifes 2007 mounty for a minute or 2 and then go out. Might happen a couple more times while driving. Could it be something besides a sensor like a bearing or anything else to look for?
  21. P

Anyone elses headlights dim?

The headlights on my wife 06 mountaineer have ALWAYS been very dim. The lenses are clear and I replaced them with silverstar ultras and that didnt improve anything at all. I put hids in the fogs and that helped a little. Heres my questions: Any way to keep the fogs on with high beams? Are...
  22. P

add an aux line

I want to play my ipod in my wifes 2007 mountaineer with the indash 6 disc changer. Is there anyway to add an aux line?
  23. P

Coil problem

Yes. I stated in my og post that I replaced all the plugs and it ran great. Now after about 3-4k miles, the miss is back. Thats why I think its a coil.
  24. P

Coil problem

91k. #8 is the farthest back towards the firewall on the drivers side right?
  25. P

Coil problem

Yea Im just wondering if their truly motorcraft coils though.
Back