Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Towing capacity?

thank you thank you
  2. R

Towing capacity?

Does anyone know the official towing capacity of a 97 extended 4L with 5 spd auto trans... ? Many thanks.... Ron
  3. R

DPFE ---- where the heck is it?

first I though I would check the simpler things.... like hoses to egr valve... once I find it.... it is not where shown in the picture above , nor in the diagram further up the threads.... went for a 150 mile run yesterday and only got codes once... when starting the engine...
  4. R

oops .... problem persists Well... not quite all fixed... kept getting P1443 and P0401 intermittently, and always together.... went after the P1443 ... cleaned the valve and sensor, no fix... replaced the vac hoses which were badly cracked... the worst was right at the throttle body...
  5. R

All Fixed Hello all Picked up a DPFE sensor from EBAY for $40 USD .... http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400169469850&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2964wt_934 Great price.... received, installed..... all fixed.... No more P0401 messages, and no rough (shaky) engine...
  6. R

Access through the firewall/bulkhead for wiring.

Many thanks for the tip.... will take a look
  7. R

Previously drilled holes were on previous vehicles..... this is new vehicle for me and wanted to make sure I didn't miss any potential knockouts that I didn't know about.... will drill hole... and, yes, use grommet....
  8. R

Hello all does anyone know of any access holes or knockouts in the firewall/bulkhead in and around the steering column ? I need to run some wires from my brake control and trans temp gauge from the passenger compartment to the battery area .... also the trans temp gauge sending unit...
  9. R

DPFE in my 97 Aerostar Ok.... trying to upload picture again... and... it works As you can see from the picture it is mounted below the EGR directly to the engine and not on a bracket ...... same location on the engine as shown in the picture.... drivers side --- back in behind the...
  10. R

pic B Bay tried to take a pic... my camera won't go to a low enough resolution to upload here..... tried to resize it but came out un-viewable.... In a nutshell..... you can see the EGR valve clearly... and just below it is the DPFE mounted clearly on the engine.... in my...
  11. R

yup, there it is Yes.... found it ... there it is .... not quite like the picture.... but close.... drivers side of engine ..... just far enough back to be in the dark... but reachable.... It has the original aluminium DPFE housing... Now to order one in and replace...
  12. R

Aerostar rotors.

Many thanks for the prompt reply Brooklyn Ok.... studs are longer.... now... can I just order some new studs.... the AWD/4WD rotors, calipers, pads and install them ..... or is there something else that needs changing ? ron
  13. R

Many thanks for the prompt reply many thanks from the great white north..... much appreciated.... Is whatever book you got that picture out of available ? Sure would love to have one.... Again,,, Many thanks.... Ron
  14. R

Aerostar rotors.

are they interchangeable ? Just picked up a 97 Aerostar RWD 4L EXT .... am about to redo the front brakes... pads, rotors, and calipers (one is sticking badly) .... So..... can I put on AWD parts ? or must I stick with RWD parts ? Why/how are the studs different ? Ron ....
  15. R

Hello all Just picked up a 97 Aerostar 2WD XLT EXT 4L ..... Getting P0401 --- other sections of this forum suggest DPFE sensor. But ....... I can't find it ! ! ! Can someone tell me where they hid it ? (probably right in plain view which is why I can't find it ! ) Many...
  16. R

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

have owned 3 1. 97 3L RWD .... from new, sold in 2010 260,000KM --- only issues were poor traction in rain and snow... and 3L couldn't pull my 4000 lb travel trailer very well , especially up hills.... yup ... 1000 lbs over.... but put in extra trans coolers, and a gauge.... 1st gear...
  17. R

Canister purge valve.

Many thanks to all of you New to forums... Have same problem.... You have given me a lot to think about and do.... Just picked up a 97 aerostar ... 166K .... excellent condition... low price... but ,,,,, yeah some codes.... and other minor issues.... Now to work...
Back