Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Just making sure my research is correct.

All i know is that sounds like a lot of work lol
  2. S

Phony video on Ford Website

Trust me, that is not a real explorer. It is animated, as are most of the other explorer videos
  3. S

Phony video on Ford Website

Yeah the leaning turn scene is definitely animated. I dont know they needed to spend so much money on animation for simple driving scenes.
  4. S

starter fuse prank?

Hahahaha thats awesome!
  5. S

starter fuse prank?

I second the zip tie on the drive shaft prank. My friends got me with that one before. They tied a piece of a heavy duty strap to my drive shaft. Scared the hell out of me, i didnt know what the hell was going on... and then i looked under the car. FUNNY REAL FUNNY
  6. S

What's your favorite voice command?

Is there an "engage sport mode" command? Ride height drops 2in, suspension stiffens, a shifter pops out of the floor, a turbo magically appears in the engine bay, a full racing harness wraps around you automatically, etc.
  7. S

Timing belt tensioner lock bolt broke

Problem solved! found another bolt
  8. S

I think im gonna dig around my shop and see if i can find a similar bolt
  9. S

I am in the proccess of changing my timing belt and tensioner on my 99 ranger 2.5. I was tightening the lock bolt on the tensioner to 26 ft lbs (as the directions that came with the new tensioner said) and the bolt broke. I cannot find the bolt anywhere locally. The main bolt and spring are...
  10. S

Front rotors TURNED BLUE!?

SoNic67 - I am done arguing. Maybe if i hadn't started off so rudely you might try to understand. I apologize
  11. S

Haha thats what i figured. Just had the percentage backwards
  12. S

A 75% percent grade? that's almost vertical must have been one hell of a ride. A tractor trailer uses something called a jake brake thats used to slow the rig down. To spare a long lesson on how it works it basically opens exhaust valves at certain part of the stroke to release the compressed...
  13. S

So if engine breaking is SOOOOOOO BAD for the transmission and the manufacture doesnt recomend it(i would love to know where you heard that). What are the low gears there for anyways? BTW the first time you loose your brakes completely do to over heating going down a steep mountain you will...
  14. S

Wanted Bucket Seat for a desk chair

I used to have a bench seat that that mounted to my trailer hitch but i gave to my buddy. I wish i had a picture of it, it was awesome at the beach!
  15. S

Wanted Bucket Seat for a desk chair

Free bump for the coolest desk chair ever!
  16. S

Im sorry im just in bad mood today lol:hammer:
  17. S

Increasing fuel mileage

This is a very good point. Thank you sir:salute:
  18. S

I have probably done 10k miles of mountain driving by dropping second to slow down and my 310k mile tranny is flawless (BTW i have the same transmission you do). Never had a hint of over heating anything. Yes it does not slow down as much as a manual but that is not the point, your brakes need...
  19. S

You know, if you use a lower gear in an automatic it will surely help slow down the car and reduce the strain on your brakes. But what do i know, i guess im just an idiot. It must be my imagination the thousands of miles i have driven in the mountains in my automatic and drop into second and the...
  20. S

Yes. Put that thing in a lower gear! I was in the mountians a couple weeks ago and i saw a lady in a camry with florida plates ride her brakes all the way down a 4 mile mountain road. I pulled up next to her at a stop light at the bottom of the mountain and all four rotors were smoking and...
  21. S

Increasing fuel mileage

Then what do you want. Do you want me to tell you there is some magic dust that you put in your gas tank and it gets you 100 mpg. There is a new "better gas mileage" post alomst every day and at least a dozen people chime in and give good advice on what mods and maintenance to do the get more...
  22. S

Increasing fuel mileage

Assuming that you already drive economically i would start by doing a full tune up plugs, wires, air filter (recomend a K&N), clean the throttle body and intake and synthetic fluids in the tranny and diff(s). I put mobile1 atf in the 5 speed ranger i just bought and it shifts so much better...
  23. S

What's the best year?

what celly said
  24. S

2.3L 5speed reliability

Man they must scream at 70mph. This is going to be difficult for me going from a V8 explorer to a little 4 banger truck lol:burnout:
Back