Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Gear Shift Broke Off in Hands!!!

eduatexplore - glad to help out! It's nice to see people benefit from each other's experiences.
  2. S

It's a relatively easy repair. Don't blame yourself, these shifters have a tendency to break very easily. I have done this repair on my neighbor's truck. It is a relatively easy repair, I don't see how a professional repair facility would not know how to repair it. I would take your truck...
  3. S

Need help locating a part number ...

I assume you are looking for a window switch bezel for the left front door. The part number I came up with is 1L2Z 14525-BBA, this oem number calls out for vehicles with a Medium Dark Parchment colored interior. This is the closest color listed to tan in the oem parts catalog.
  4. S

This concerns me so I went one step farther. I called Dorman and asked to speak with the tech / engineering department. I explained to them my concern about the failure this part and the material it is made of. The tech did not have an immediate answer and stated he would get back to me. I...
  5. S

2003 Engine Compatibility

Here is info I got from a salvage interchange. EXPLORER 2002-2003 6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), (LHD), flex fuel (VIN K), 4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac MOUNTAINEER 2002-2003 6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), flex fuel (VIN K)
  6. S

this video might help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKQ3U6Lj2v0
  7. S

I did have to remove the steering wheel to replace the shift lever bracket.
  8. S

I just installed this part yesterday. It works well, it looks a little beefier around the ears where the shifter lever attaches. It also has a c-clip design to attach the ball studded lever on the end.
  9. S

Just an FYI for everyone. My neighbor had the same issue with her 2003 Explorer. The shifter fell off in her hand last night on her way to work. Dorman now has this part available, I ordered one from Rock Auto, part number 905-104. I'll be installing it this weekend. The part costs about $32.00...
Back