Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Hitting animals

What?! A radiator, headlight, turn signal, and some body work costed $6,500?! Mother of god! I could buy a dozen of my trucks for what you paid.
  2. T

Hitting animals

Makes me wonder if its a steel death trap in a real accident.
  3. T

Miss on cyl 5

water pump?
  4. T

Its official

I change my oil every 5000 mile and this explorer always had Valvoline 5w-30 full synthetic run in it. I am a maniac when it comes to fluid changes.
  5. T

Its official

No offers please, I'll sell it when I save up some cash, and sell it as a winter beater (the 4x4 works)
  6. T

Its official

Its just that he got tired of all the stuff that went wrong with it, as I am now (sorry if I ever came off as rude to anyone, I don't mean to) At the time our family had a chevy car, the explorer, and the blazer. He needs a truck to haul things, and basically the blazer beat the explorer in...
  7. T

Its official

In reply to everybody: I take as good care of it as I can. I'm just a guy who fixes stuff, not a mechanic. I too live in Minnesota and the salt really took it to this truck. I wash it when I can, but I'm not the first owner, I'm the third. My favorite truck has to be a 1994 Chevy Blazer. My dad...
  8. T

Its official

My 1994 Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 4x4 is the worst truck I have ever driven. It bangs into gear, the fuel pump is failing, Its always a guess if it will start, it sounds like a semi truck inside at 60 mph, its rusted to hell, gets bad gas mileage, and make terrible power, and today the throttle stuck...
  9. T

More Issues

Ok so I got a whole new steering column from a wrecked explorer (a 92 or 96, not sure which). It turns out the whole tube thing that turned was rotted not the bracket. After a few hours of bolting and wiring hell I got it together. Well somewhere along the line I broke a tiny little clip for the...
  10. T

Miss on cyl 5

the smoke is either burning oil or just condensation in the exhaust. Check your coolant levels too.
  11. T

Miss on cyl 5

If while idling it kind of "clears" and cylinder 5 works for a short burst then goes back out, It is just like mine was, an injector. Injectors are cheap $30-$40 per injector plus intake manifold gaskets, it took me 2 hours to do it at a slow pace. If there is good spark, and no gasket leaks, it...
  12. T

1993 Ford Explorer. The starter won't turn over, and it just clicks.

How old is the battery? when he says wack the starter, just lightly tap it a few times.:thumbsup:
  13. T

More Issues

I was backing up to a trailer, when I put it in reverse it wouldn't engage. I has no resistance when shifting and is stuck in overdrive. I messed with the cable to get it started and parked it in the yard. I determined it is some form of bracket that goes around the steering column that rusted...
  14. T

Last of the 94 bugs

thanks for the reply's, I'll try a new relay and after that I'll just run the thing. I think the fuel pump is what gives the explorer its signature "whistle". I remember being young and hearing it I called it the explorers call. Back then that thing was bad ass, now it just gets me around. If I...
  15. T

Last of the 94 bugs

I switched the fuel pump relay and the one below it (idk what it was for but it had the same number on it). started it cold and it popped right up as usual. after I warmed it up i tried it 5-10 times and they all worked perfects so I was happy. When I switched the two back I noticed they were...
  16. T

Last of the 94 bugs

My explorer would not start this morning (i tried just tapping the starter in 2 second burstes, then went to 10 seconds, then gave some gas, none worked), i just tried it at 4pm and it started, i didnt fix anything.
  17. T

Last of the 94 bugs

Yes, its a good overall vehicle, decent gas mileage, good power, and has always been reliable. 205,000 miles and never been stranded, and if I drive it just right I can get 20 mpg out of it. The good thing about Ford is, if you get it started it will make it there (no matter where "it" is)...
  18. T

Last of the 94 bugs

I tested the pressure. It has around 40psi when i turn the key, and hovers at 28-29 psi at idle. it says it should be 30-45 psi. I'm starting to think I don't care that much, I don't like my explorer anyway. It has minimal power, sucks gas, and hates me. The only thing good about it is if you...
  19. T

Last of the 94 bugs

I'm going to test the fuel pump pressure soon, and replace the fuel filter (hasn't been replaced in 8 years. I will check for leaks in the intake manifold, It started after I replaced an injector, its possible we got a bad gasket but I doubt it.
  20. T

Last of the 94 bugs

I've had the 94 XLT running great for about a month. Now the only things that are wrong are 1. it starts hard when hot and idles rough and 2. it still bangs into gear. I replaced the fuel injector that had been clogged for 50,000 miles and it runs perfect. My dad says he never would have parked...
  21. T

where's the leak?

thats what i figured, but where?
  22. T

where's the leak?

bump
  23. T

where's the leak?

We have a 2000 ford explorer that has developed a problem. When it starts it idles really high over 1000 rpm's then slowly works its way down. If your driving and stop sometimes it will do a jump in rpm's. When you put it in park it will jump in rpm's. We tracked the problem down to the...
  24. T

Compression problem.

it sounds like you are running lean. Sounds like you might need a new fuel pump.
  25. T

Pioneer DEH-1300 Problems

I took out my factory cassette deck to replace with a brand new in the box Pioneer brand deck. I used to have an alpine but the cd player quit so I put in the factory one. I used the harnesses from the alpine (that worked). I followed the wiring diagram exactly plugged it in and it doesn't work...
Back