Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

buyers guide?

I'm surprised with all the said issues with this vintage explorer no one has made a sticky for this topic.
  2. R

buyers guide?

Me and my wife are looking into a newer explorer and any use full info would help. I've read a lot but mostly confused now and everyone is contradicting. So any help please. Thank you.
  3. R

AWD vs 4WD

So if I was to buy one an 03 or newer would be the way to go? With a 4.6 pref.?
  4. R

battery draw. any suggestions?

battery has tested fine multiple times and so hasnt the alternator. ive tested the alt. on the car and off the car. never a bad reading. once in a while it will say bad battery then you test it again and it says good battery. if i turn off the radio before i get out the battery is fine the next...
  5. R

battery draw. any suggestions?

i searched a little and saw all the other problems people are having but none seemed like mine. i drive back and forth to work i have had to jump it every morning for the past week or so. tested the battery the first few mornings and says the battery is low on charge so i charge and retest it...
  6. R

weird popping noise when accelerating.

both shafts are tight and tires are relatively close.
  7. R

weird popping noise when accelerating.

hey guys i just changed the wheel bearing because i thought it may of been then but it wasnt. i have a freind that had an explorer that the chain stretched in the tc and he thought it may of been that but he drove it and said it is more in the front then the middle. any help guys?
  8. R

lowered 96 eddie awd

hello everyone finally the eddie is on the road. i dont have a whole lot of drop in it yet only about enough the compensate for the glorious rear end squat on these. here are some pictures. not very good pictures but here are the stats so far: 1.5 drop in front 17" lincoln aviator...
  9. R

changed trans filter and fluid now i have a question.

so the other day i dropped the trans pan in my 96 eddie (5.0 AWD) and when i did there was a weird looking plug type thing in the pan.. i dont know what it was for so i inspected the trans pretty well and i couldnt figure out where it goes. can anyone help me out with where this thing goes and...
  10. R

info on underdrive pulleys

ok now this is the awnser i was looking for. thank you very much spdrcer and i understood him IZ i was just making a point that i wasnt asking because im on any certain forums just because its a rule of thumb.
  11. R

well less turning weight is a good thing i thought? im not on mustang forums just figured that it was a rule of thumb for ALL vehicles not JUST mustangs..?
  12. R

what about a smog delete?
  13. R

i have a 96 5.0 EB will pulleys for a 5.0l GT (94 and older) work? i dont see why they wouldnt as long as the crank bolts are right. well i know there are more factors to it then that such as ribs in the belt and such but im sure someone has tried this. any luck anyone?
  14. R

need wheel spacers

hey guys i bought a set of aviator wheels for my explorer and they look rediculous on the back. they have a 6" back spacing and a 2" spacer doesnt look like it would be enough. any ideas?
  15. R

static noise coming from my EB speakers.?

any one else have this issue
  16. R

static noise coming from my EB speakers.?

the battery is completely dead but there is a weirtd static sound like the radio is on but the key isnt even in the ignition.? any ideas?!
  17. R

looking for decent mods.

hey guys i was wondering what are good mods to do to a 97 5.0? i know about torque monster headers (which are amazing! but i dont have the dough right now :( ) and FMS. although i cant find any FMS header links anywhere. but my main point behind the post is i dont want to spend a ton of...
  18. R

ideal tire size.. (in your opinion)

i have a 97 eddie bauer that im dropping 2" in the rear and either 2.5 to 3" in the front. what would you guys say is best tire size to run with a 17x8" rim? i bought a set of 245/50/17's off a buddy for 50 bucks because... well they were 50 bucks and like 3/4 tread. so im just wondering if i...
  19. R

Oil leaking on my 97 EB! urrrgh!

it was a tranny cooler line.. yikes i guess it is time for a tranny fluid change! lol :rolleyes:
  20. R

so sprayed it down with brake kleen and started it up the other day and watched it. the only place i can think of nthat it would be coming from is one of the cooler lines BUT the lines that run into the rad on the driverside are tranny cooler lines right? if they are then why do they run to...
  21. R

i got my wifes jeep done today so i pulled the explorer in and i got it jacked up and on stands. so next day off im going to try to find the problem. thanks for the link thats an awesome looking mouty! but no dice on trying to find a decent picture.
  22. R

AWESOME! ok is there anyway you can get me picture of yours maybe? that sounds like what my problem is.
  23. R

the oil is coming from one spot. not from a bunch of spots. if it was a seal and leaking on the pulley it would be spraying everywhere from it spinning like you said. but my problem is coming from what it looks like the oil cooler. maybe i have a leak in iut somewhere. my only problem is i dont...
  24. R

no ideas? there has to be someone that has run into this issue!
  25. R

I was told to check the oil pressure sending unit and make sure the oil filter is tight and that the gasket is still good and didnt blow out. The oil is leaking down the ac lines that go to the condenser beside the filter. Its definatly not tranny fluid but it is coming from where the tranny...
Back