Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Helicopter

SYNC® Connect

No initial separate cost but I'm sure it's baked into the cost of the car. I don't know who the carrier is. Based on the time I've spent with it so far, the modem is for background communication w/ Ford and apps that may need to access it. There's no indication from the GUI that it can be used...
  2. Helicopter

SYNC® Connect

Just took delivery of a 17 Fusion Titanium AWD with Sync 3 and Sync Connect. Some of you will geek out on it, but I'm a bit underwhelmed. The GUI is plain looking... mobile apps... meh. Installed the Ford Pass app on an Android phone... Remote start, fuel status, door lock / unlock somewhat...
  3. Helicopter

Signature LED Lights

Correct... switch in off position = sig lights only. I doesn't have to be in drive, just running.
  4. Helicopter

Signature LED Lights

I wanted to add... US Model: 2016 Platinum Headlight switch = Auto DRL setting = Off Yields: No LED low beam, NO signature lights even when transmission is in drive.
  5. Helicopter

Adding Navigation Later

Hey Queen! ;) Don't let em get ya' down... you rawk! \m/\m/ Signed - Another one that's happy to have the reps around!
  6. Helicopter

2013 Explorer totaled

Wishing you all a speedy recovery! T-boned @ 80 / 55 is no joke. Glad to hear the Explorer held up. Good luck, Buddie!
  7. Helicopter

MFT Issues - Phone Dependent?

Works for me, Windows Phone 7.x, 8, and Android.
  8. Helicopter

U.S. driver safety group sues Ford over touch-screen systems

You’re comparing apples (no pun intended) and oranges. Desktop OS vs Mobile OS, industry standard hardware (Intel), vs proprietary mobile hardware. Seeing the iPhone is using a proprietary BT stack, I wouldn’t go pointing fingers at Microsoft, popular hardware or not… that’s a non-starter. Apple...
  9. Helicopter

U.S. driver safety group sues Ford over touch-screen systems

Mine works perfectly. So I'd say it does work. Considering the common thread to most of the "whining" around here revolves around Apple devices and Sync and the fact that my desk drawer-bound iPhone never went anywhere near my Explorer tends to point the failure in one direction. In the interest...
  10. Helicopter

Navigation - Traffic

Sirius - Travel Link. It's free for 6 months then you have to pay for it as part of your subscription. It's not related to Sync or Sync Services.
  11. Helicopter

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

I picked up the 7 year -100k ESP w/enhanced rental, and the 4 year - 60k PMP with 5000 mile intervals and first day rental coverage to cover just about everything else the ESP doesn't cover. No matter what happens to the Explorer I'm pretty much covered up to and including a rental car. So far...
  12. Helicopter

Powerfold third row seat question

The controls are only in the rear. Nothing up front. Yes they will fold automatically. The kids will have to put them up when they sit back there.
  13. Helicopter

4wd system

On page 227 of the user manual: Note: The 4WD Off message may also be displayed in the message center if the 4WD system has overheated and defaulted to front-wheel drive. This condition may occur if the vehicle was operated in extreme conditions with excessive wheel slip, such as deep sand. To...
  14. Helicopter

Got locked out of my EX this week....

I've noticed this as well.
  15. Helicopter

OK, that's better information. Intelligent Access Key It won't let me lock the key in the vehicle if it's anywhere inside if I try to lock the doors with the button on the outside door handle. Where as on the XLT with the normal key it won't let you lock the doors while it's in the...
  16. Helicopter

OK... So I just went out and tried it for myself. I have the IAK so I threw it in the rear passenger seat and then locked the doors by pressing the 7*8, 9*0 buttons together. I also noticed that if you press between these buttons, the door locks. I don't know if it's because I have a big thumb...
  17. Helicopter

Apparently it worked well enough for you to RELOCK the doors. Your complaint is not making any sense at all. Were you so distracted with the button panel that you didn't realize the doors were already unlocked? you said: The one LED would blink when I touched the pad, though. I kept trying it...
  18. Helicopter

So... wait... You locked yourself out of the vehicle... when you weren't locked out to start with? This is some how the vehicles fault? :wtf:
  19. Helicopter

Are you Fed up with MyFord touch like i am??

Your assumption is incorrect. I use it daily, fully and without any issue. Just because you have issues, it doesn’t mean the vast majority of MFT owners share the same experience or thoughts as yourself.
  20. Helicopter

Mapquest

I just tried it. Worked fine. Got an addresss from Mapquest > Send to Sync > entered my cell number. Went out to the Explorer, Voice command> "Services"... Connected said "Mapquest has sent you x..... do you want directions?" I said "yes"... took exactly 32 seconds. Address appeared on my NAV...
  21. Helicopter

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Just renewed for 6 months W/ Travel Link for $42. Included tax / fees. No (re)activation charge.
  22. Helicopter

Love It

Pony up the $20 to be an Elite and support the site! :thumbsup:
  23. Helicopter

2nd Row Bucket Seats - Neep Pics!

It's an option on the XLT and Limited, but I don't think you can get it on the Sport.
  24. Helicopter

2nd Row Bucket Seats - Neep Pics!

You're welcome! Good luck! :)
Back