Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

question about auto 4x4

I have a 2000 explorer v6 ohv 4x4. I have the auto 4x4 and wanna know if I take out the transfer case relay will this give me full time 2wd. I seen the brown wire mod but I don't wanna do it and I never use my 4x4. Thanks for any reply.
  2. 0

bottom end noise

Any ideas
  3. 0

bottom end noise

About a year ago I got this chattering noise coming from the bottomend towards the back of the engine oil pan/ bellhouse area. The noise just appeard one day after a oil change. I can hear the noise all the time cold or hot. Noise is loudest in park or neutral and noise does go slightly with...
  4. 0

shaking problem at high speeds

Im getting alot of frontend shaking while driving. The shaking only happens at high speeds around 65+ on the freeway. Dosnt happen all the time but when it does and i turn the steering wheel slightly in either direction it will stop untill its stright again. My front shocks and left front hub...
  5. 0

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

Great post ill b changing mine next weekend...great info
  6. 0

No brakes!!!!

On the way home from work brakes stopped working completely...(had to use my E-brake to get home) brake pads are good and i aired the brakes to see it that was it but no..brake goes down normal but wont stop the car...is it the master cylender or the brake booster???? any help plz....thanks
  7. 0

Time for an Engine...

ok thanks
  8. 0

Time for an Engine...

are the mustang engines V8 or v6? also will the tranny have to swapped too?
  9. 0

Couple problems

Tomorrow i will get the exact CEL code so u guys might b able to help me more.. cuz i cant remember..i will post it up..thanks
  10. 0

Couple problems

Some fixed ok so i finally got around to fixing some problems.... #1 fixed...(bad tie rods) #3 fixed...(thermostat) #4 fixed...(well it just stopped stalling now that the weather got warmer) THANKS GUYS Only problem left is the check engine code...mechanic told me to change...
  11. 0

black out tail lights

well i guess ill just go and buy me some smoked lights...dont feel like getting anymore tickets...thanks
  12. 0

black out tail lights

i was wanting to black out my tail lights and just wanted to know if it was illegal in any way..also exactly how to do it???
  13. 0

Couple problems

I recently started having a couple different problem with my 2000 explorer xls #1) steering wheel shakes somtimes, mostly on the freeway, when im doing over 50mph and will stop shaking if i turn the wheels slightly in either direction...does not happen all the time. #2) check engine light...
  14. 0

brake problem

because when i push on the brakes and im sliding i looked at the rear tires and they keep rolling. they dont stop and roll like antilock breaks do i think. also r u sure that the grinding in the pedal is normal?
  15. 0

brake problem

i have a problem with my brakes. i was driving in the snow today and noticed that when i push the brakes and slide in the snow my brake pedal starts moving and feels like grinding as if the roters are bad(all changed 2 months ago) also i noticed that my rear brakes are not working at all..any...
  16. 0

power steering noise

it was a new one from the ford dealer.....i noticed that one of the power steering hoses are leaking a tiny bit...could air be getting in and makeing it wine?
  17. 0

power steering noise

i got another problem with my EX.. since i bought it there was always a whining noise from the power steering..last week i finally got a chance to change it..after cleaning and flushing the power steering and putting in the new pump and getting the air out of it the noise is still there. I put...
  18. 0

X~Factor's Page

where did u get the grill and the metal for the vents on ur hood?
  19. 0

Wrong motor oil

ok thanks for all the replys guys...i will get under there and check everything..i will let u guys know what i find
  20. 0

Wrong motor oil

yea oil level is good..its just weird that the noise is always there and never goes away..another thing is i can here it rattle louder when im in park or neutral, but when i put it in reverse or drive it get quieter (but its still there)
  21. 0

Wrong motor oil

so if it is the guides is it hard to fix..also what would it cost..is there any how to threads on here of how its done.
  22. 0

Wrong motor oil

i got the ohv...
  23. 0

Wrong motor oil

it literally sound like somthing is rattleing around in my oil pan(like marbles)..it wasnt there b4 the oil change and it doesnt get faster with rpms..it is always there and never goes away even if it is cold or hot
  24. 0

Wrong motor oil

I recently changed my engine oil and used a thicker one on accident..i used 10w-30 and a couple mins after the oil change i got this rattling noise coming from my oil pan somewhere.. If i change the oil back to 5w-30 will it stop the rattle or did i mess something up..also is 5w-30 a good oil...
  25. 0

what will fit

just wondering whats the biggest tires i can fit on my stock explorer without any lift or having problems..its a 2000 4.0 XLS..thanks for any replys
Back