Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Isles4evr's 91 2rd Getting a 44

I havn't found out yet. It has been sitting outside for a month or so with out me working on it. I have been aggressivly looking for a house for the last 2-3 weeks, so between that and 55-60 hour work weeks I don't have the urge to work on it. I think about design ideas everyday, and have...
  2. rockerpanels

rockerpanels

3. I

NOTAJP goes solid 1st gen. leaves

That's what I like to see :D :bounce:
  4. I

King William Va Mud Bogg, Anybody Else Go?

Haha, well maybe next year then ;)
  5. I

Multi-Error Codes 4/27/04

Did you replace the correct one?
  6. I

Honestly I was a little to intoxicated to be taking pictures, even if I had my camera with me :D :chug:
  7. I

Worst Accident Ever...

I believe it was an A3 with a 1.9L TDI non quatro. So it would be a small 4 cylinder front wheel drive motor/tranny. I am still scratching my head :eek:
  8. I

HAHAHA! Tutti's mud bog!! I was there last year, but couldn't make it this year. A few of my friends went and said it was insane! Last year while i was there i saw: One old Ford high boy with a big block throw a rod in the pit A built bronco powered by a 11.5:1 compression 302 grenade...
  9. I

2000 Limited, temp gauge hot & cold

First thing to do is double check that the connectors are plugged into the sensors. If they are, then I would take the box that your new sensor came out of and go back tot he parts store. Verify that it is the correct one, and if they have another one instock make sure it is the same thing...
  10. I

Multi-Error Codes 4/27/04

If I am not mistaken, there are 3 coils... I am not 100% sure though.
  11. I

New shocks

I'd go OEM if the shocks that are on it now suit you well (in your opinion). If not, my favorite recomendation is a Rancho 5000. Reasonably prices, and good all around shock.
  12. I

Thoughts on this diff guard?

Must be that cover I am seeing... and yes I meant fill plug. It was after a little :chug: when I was looking so ya know :confused: . Thanks for the pic though. Chris
  13. I

It almost looks like it is bolted to the diff cover iteself(in the middle). How do you get to the drain plug? Chris
  14. I

Help with Brake Lights/ABS Light!!

Exactly. You may also experience problems getting your truck out of park.
  15. I

quick axle question

Just as long as it is a drivers side drop housing, and make sure it doesn't have a vacume operated locking system. Nothing really "works," no SAS is a bolt on, it all takes time, skills, and welding (which I and working on all three :confused: )
  16. I

Do you mind taking a picture of the mods you did to the cover? I just purchased one yesterday, and yes you were that a$$hole who bought it out from underneith of me when i was contemplating... yeah whatever it's straight ;) . I figured for 55 bucks i couldn't go wrong... a little bending and...
  17. I

Funny idle, jumps every 3 seconds.....where to start

Do they sell that stuff in the US?
  18. I

Any Difference 91-94 96-2000 rear springs?

Yeah you should be fine then. Just as long as someone else has done it, and it worked.
  19. I

LD50 Rescue operation

I believe that the reverse gear has a lower ratio (as said before), and produces more low end torque therefore pulling easier. It does add a lot of stress due to the extra torque and weight on the front end. Chris
  20. I

yeah man i know..i was just messing with robb. I didn't mean to come off condensinding (sp?)
  21. I

Need your opinions

I think the hubs are the weak point on those axles. I ran 33's and only had a problem with wheel bearings so I am unsure.
  22. I

Whatever Robb. Such a smarta$$ :rolleyes:
  23. I

Gears

I ran 32's on a 3.08 gear for a year or so. Gas milage sucked, as did preformance. After I put in 3.55's my gas millage still sucked but the performance was better. If your not planning on wheeling it then 3.27's should be ok. There won't be much of a difference between 31's and 32's...
  24. I

I believe the second gen explorers have a mono leaf setup. Someone corerct me if i am woring though Chris
Back