Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How To Install A Flowmaster Muffler (w/Pics)

great write up! i just got my flowmaster spure 44 today, but i have a problem :( i have a 98 ex and the stock muffler is dual in single out?? kind of a wierd set up if you ask me, but still my flowmaaster in offset in center out. so im going to need some kind of y pipe, but eveything i find is...
  2. B

Custom Interior Lighting Question

hey, i actually just completed something similar to this, but i ran power for the leds from my head unit, because it has a constant power but i ran them from the ignition power going into it just incase i forget to turn them off when getting out of the car. heres some pics.. before the blue...
  3. B

98 explorer exhaust questions

is it single in and dual out? does your explorer have dual exhausts on it? because as ive mentioned above my setup is wierd. (why ford made it teo inlet 1 outlet is beyond me..) but yeah. the muffler i want to put on it backwards for my setup. the muffler has 1 inlet dual outlet but my ex in...
  4. B

yeah thats what i figured. do you know anything about capping one of the ends? and if i do buy something else, im thinking about buying a thrush turbo. they are way cheaper than a flowmaster. ever heard anything about those?
  5. B

Hey everyone, i have a few questions and was curious about and if anyone could give me some answers it would be greatly appreciated! I have a 98 ex 4.0 and my buddy has a flowmaster 40 series he was just gonna give to me. he had it on his truck for 2 weeks and didnt like it, so hes just...
  6. B

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

alright ill keep that in mind. the only thing is that the "thrush" mufflers are flowmaster knockoffs for 60 bucks a could save. ***And for anyone who could answer this i would be soo happy*** ok, so my ex (which is probably like many of yours) exhaust is new. the guy i bought it off of was...
  7. B

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

Alright guys, with my next paycheck i want to buy a muffler. Idk what to get, but im thinking either a flowmaster delta flow 40 or preferably something cheaper, however i dont want a ricer sound or extremely loud. Anyway, has anyone ever heard of "Thrush" mufflers or know anything about those? I...
  8. B

Pics of Sub Boxes

Nothin too much. runnin 3 audiobahn 10s but i made this box cause i still needed cargo room. has nice leds in it, but you cant see them cause its daytime :/
  9. B

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

alright, its gonna be a while probably two weeks, but ill post when im done.
  10. B

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

just curious, has anyone found any of these inlays that are red? everything ive seen is blue thanks
  11. B

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

ok everyone. i have a 98 x and i wanna do red in the cluster. so from what im getting from this i should order those smd leds in a red color, scrape the green film off, reinstall and it will work? please tell me if im wrong
  12. B

Exhaust ideas?

i think im set on the 40 series delta flow. good you think?
  13. B

Exhaust ideas?

sam, which flowmaster do you have on yours exactly?
  14. B

Exhaust ideas?

alright thanks for the help. thats a little pricey for my budget, but ill see what i can do.
  15. B

Exhaust ideas?

:( i have the SOCH. thats why im asking other people cause ive watched alot of youtube videos and the 4.0 SOCH's do sound like tuners ive noticed in some videos
  16. B

Exhaust ideas?

hey everyone. just curious if i could getsomeopinions on exhaust systems that are out there. i have a 98 4.0 and i was looking into getting a new exhaust for it. ive heard goodthings about the flowmaster super 40s but im not too sure. im not lookingfor anything thats outrageously loud, just...
Back