Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Front Diff Fluid

Thanks, ended up just goin and picking up the 80W90 it calls for. I'll keep it in mind when it needs to be changed again though.
  2. T

Front Diff Fluid

Going through the steps putting the BW4406 manual shift in my rig...quick question, if it's been answered before, I'm sorry. Did a quick search and wasn't able to find any info. My question is this. I have an abundance of 75w140 oil right now, and no 80w90. Is it going to hurt anything to run...
  3. T

Help, 97 Mountaineer Won't Start

Check all your cables and connections (clean them while you're at it), starting from the battery, going all the way to the starter. Check negative cable especially, if mine is loose, I get the same symptom. I also have a body ground connected directly to the battery, again, if it's loose, no...
  4. T

Aftermarket Stereo Question?

I replaced the factory head unit on my '97. More than enough power from the aftermarket deck to power those 4 speakers. In fact, if you leave the factory amp connected you'll be disappointed with the switch, as you'll find a lot of distortion. Factory amp is located behind the panel in the back...
  5. T

AWD reliability?

Ditto on the crunch, ignore it long enough, it'll become louder, and audible at higher speeds. Read on here it's 9/10 times the CV joint on the rear of the front driveshaft just after the transfer case. Gonna replace soon. Back on topic, my truck hasn't let me down. AWD system works...
  6. T

1995 Explorer not getting power to OBD input?

well, PCM probably isn't your problem. PCM stands for powertrain control module which deals with your transmission. Your culprit would be CTM/GEM (central timer module and general electric module respectively) if it was a faulty computer. check those fuses first and let me know
  7. T

ok. keep me updated. Have you checked fuse#2 (big one) in the power distribution box? (located under the hood) and fuse 5 in your interior fuse panel (left end of the dashboard)?? if so, are they both still ok?
  8. T

I think what Swetrid is trying to say, is the guys at autozone/midas aren't connecting into your OBD (EEC4 Under the hood) properly. They are trying to hook in with an OBD2 scanner under your dash, which unless you have a LATE model '95, they won't get any reading. Again, guys feel free to...
  9. T

IPod on stock radio.

Maybe consider the one thats ipod specific...a friend of mine has one that blocks our local radio station when set to that station....and our local station can be heard while driving an hour and a half away from our city. although the trip tunes as posted earlier looks pretty cool too. (ie plugs...
  10. T

I don't have a service manual for prior to '96...but if it's anything like the newer ones, it's likely a blown fuse. I'm not sure which fuse it is you'll be looking for, but if you take a test light, ground it (to something like the screw that holds the fuse panel in place) and touch the tops of...
  11. T

IPod on stock radio.

Why not get an FM transmitter? plugs into the headphone jack of your ipod, and then transmits through your radio. just find a fuzzy station, set the transmitter to that and you should be fine. I've seen ones specifically made for the Ipod....works quite well, but there's cheaper versions out...
  12. T

Interior Lights Not Coming On! Please help.

UPDATE: Issue RESOLVED. After following the pinpoint tests in the digital version of the factory service manual as mentioned before, I had to trace the circuit and low and behold, I had 2 rotten wires (both LG/O on circuit 705) after ripping apart my interior on the drivers side, I located the 2...
  13. T

Don't mean to leave you out in the cold either Budwich. I see some paperwork for the truck (ownership and insurance slips) and a burnt out bulb. After the past few weeks, I'm sure my "multimeter misuse", won't happen again. Thanks for the continued patience.
  14. T

Once again, thanks all for the input. Onelever, thanks for the birthday wishes for my little one. Sorry for the time away from the forum, and replies, i've been kinda busy. Picked up a job working alongside a class a mechanic maintaining a fleet of lincoln towncar limos, lincoln towncars...
  15. T

cant disconnect bank 2 sensor 1 o2 sensor plug

Not entirely related to the vehicle, but I just did an o2 sensor change on a lincoln towncar....those connectors sure are hard to get at...if you still don't have enough room going through the wheel well....get someone with smaller hands to remove the connector for you. Hopefully you don't have...
  16. T

This is very likely. It was dark, and snowing, so quite possible i didn't test the right pin on the fuse (27). It'll have to wait until later or tomorrow as it's my daughters first birthday. Thanks for the continued help.
  17. T

1996 - 1999 Ford Vehicles Service Manual

actual service manual. covers all models made by ford/lincoln/mercury from '96 up to '99.
  18. T

I was seeding it, restarted computer into another operating system, forgot to start bitcomet again. If anyone downloading from this site keeps seeding, It'll make it alot easier for future downloaders, and help ensure it's available for others that happen upon it. It drove me crazy watching the...
  19. T

Update. I put my meter to pin 3 of the BSR, and pin 1 of Fuse 27, No continuity. I'll retest it again to be sure, had to get the door shut as once again, it's started snowing! If its the case still, looks like i'll be taking some of the dash apart to replace that wire though. If the test does...
  20. T

I've already swapped a known good relay in, no change. I only asked because in the service manual these are some of the DTC's the GEM outputs B1314 C OD Battery Saver Relay Coil Circuit Open B1315 C OD Battery Saver Relay Coil Circuit Short to Battery B1316 C OD Battery...
  21. T

I tried following the link, was able to login but then as soon as i click the auto resources (middle button/ link) i was led to a 404 error page not found. In either case, here's the diagram i'm going from. At pin 1, i have 12.3~12.4v, and at pin 5 the same. The final part of the...
  22. T

I posted a new thread on where/how to get it. It's This thread
  23. T

*DISCLAIMER* This is to show you how to get it. Any consequences from actually obtaining it are entirely your responsibility. Found this online. It's the Ford Service Manual for all ford vehicles from 1996 up to 1999. The link to where you can start the download is HERE This file is a...
  24. T

Roadblock, brought on by some confusion. In my last post I said I was missing the receptacle pin 1. After turning the relay over and looking at the numbers by the pins on it, I'm being told 2 seperate things. The service manual is telling me to test pins 1 and 5 to ground, looking for...
  25. T

Update. Followed the troubleshooting guide, which led me to check the battery saver relay. A19 CHECK THE VOLTAGE TO THE BATTERY SAVER RELAY — CIRCUIT 88 (BK/W) Battery Saver Relay Measure the voltage between battery saver relay connector pin 1, circuit 88 (BK/W), pin 5...
Back