Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

'01 Sport Trac 4x4 Issues (Will not turn on)

Well, after my lapse in measuring, there is enough voltage. It seems everything checks out with the connectors to the 4x4 control module. So all of test B passed. Now onto test C, but I can not get any codes. So the other things I can check out would be the switch. Where is the MSS located...
  2. G

Ah, thanks for the tip. I will try this when I get home from work today.
  3. G

OK...This is a stupid question, but how do I test the connectors pins? I can't get the red to touch it. Do I have to take off the red part on the connectors to expose the pins?
  4. G

Well, no luck with replacing the 15A fuse. I am still getting a reading of 8.2 volts. Is there any way that the control module is damaged so the correct voltage can not pass through it? To verify, that I am reading it correctly, the grey junction is a, and the black is b, correct? In order...
  5. G

Thanks for the quick response. The battery is just over 12 volts. I rechecked the fuses and they seem fine. However, after reseeding fuse 35, I measured the voltage at the module and it only read 1.2 volts. So I went back and reseeded the 35 fuse again and now it reads 8 volts. Of...
  6. G

So, I checked the voltage readings from pins 1 and 2 to the ground, and they both are around 8.1. It says in the diagnostics that if they are under 10 to repair the power supply as necessary. Do I need to focus on this? Could this be the reason that the 4x4 will not respond? Not enough...
  7. G

Thanks for your response. I will for sure do the same for the connections at the shift motor. Thanks, Mike
  8. G

Hello everyone, First off, I want to say thanks for reading my thread and giving any tips/advice in demand. Ok...So my problem is my 4 wheel drive decided to stop working on me. So after reading a bunch of other forums, I have tried reconnecting the wire harnesses a couple times to the...
Back