Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Corkey's Ranger of Danger

If you can show that you are in fact insured, you might be able to get that one dropped or reduced as well.
  2. W

Swap Lit Explorer Door Switches Into Ranger?

I want to swap the lit window, lock and power mirror control switches from an Explorer into my '03 Ranger–which has no lights in the door switches. What Explorer years have/had lit door switches that I could use? I figure that if I'm lucky, a 2-door Explorer might have the same switch...
  3. W

2003 Ranger Edge from WA

I'm up on the hill, near the hospital. It sounds like Walker is way out of my league for now.
  4. W

tranny flush and filter change

Drop the pan, clean it and the magnet, close it up with new fluid and drive for a couple hundred miles, drop the pan again this time change the filter and put in more new fluid. (that's how I upgraded from Dexron III to Dexron VI in my Impala) Unless your transmission has an access panel to the...
  5. W

2003 Ranger Edge from WA

Nothing too serious to start. I've never owned a 4x4 before, and as such am a total noob in that regard. I rate skid plates for off road like carrying chains in winter "It's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them" Walker Valley ORV Area is minutes from my...
  6. W

2004 Ford Ranger. 4.0L V6 custom turbo kit install.

Sounds like an interesting build! There really aren't a whole lot of performance parts out there for the SOHC engines since the Mustang guys just buy the V8 :rolleyes: I like the idea of putting the intake behind the cab. You might be able to build a sort of snorkel intake that fits between the...
  7. W

Wintermute's '03 Edge 4x4

The specs: Sonic Blue 2003 Ford Ranger Edge, 4-door Supercab, 4x4 4.0 SOHC V6, 5R55E with 1354E Transfer Case R7 Axle code: 8.8" 4.10 Limited Slip (Open Dana 35 Front) Cruise Control, Power Windows, Mirrors & Locks with keyless entry Cloth 60/40 Bench, Vinyl Jump Seats, Vinyl Floor, Grey...
  8. W

2003 Ranger Edge from WA

At the moment I'm looking for illuminated power window, lock and power mirror switches to swap in–nothing on the doors is lit. I'd like to add a rear fog light, maybe an extra reverse light under the bumper. (if you've ever followed a european car in the fog you know what I'm talking about)...
  9. W

2003 Ranger Edge from WA

Thanks! Off the lot at 47,200 miles! I've since swapped the drop-in liner for an Armor Coating spray-in.
  10. W

2003 Ranger Edge from WA

I just picked up a 2003 Ranger Edge 4x4 about 6 weeks ago, and with the amount of tech overlap with the Explorers, I thought I'd join up here as well.
Back