Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

FYI IOS 13 and Car Play wow

The new IOS is out and they have made some great changes to the Car Play interface. One of them is your passenger can change the music on the phone and not mess up your navigation. I pretty much drive alone so I just play what I want. The entire interface for the phones etc have changed for...
  2. M

Missfire and a Code normal operation

Howdy My wife and I just got back from a long drive from OH to TN and back. During our drive the EX felt like it was surging every once in awhile. I brought it into my dealer and talked to a Tech about it. There where no codes or CEL or a wrench light at the time I dropped it off. He stated...
  3. M

New Nav maps available for the 17+

I just checked the Ford website and it said I have a map update available, and to contact my dealer. Just figured I would give folks a heads up. Ford/Mercury | Home | HERE
  4. M

Rear Defrost Issue

I just did a fast search on here and did not see this mentioned. I have a 2017 Platinum with around 9200 miles on it. I started noticing back in Nov the rear window was not defrosting very well. Around the first of Jan I made an appointment with my dealer for me free oil change. I figured I...
  5. M

Really dumb question but I have to ask

I have a 2017 Platinum. Some of the information I read say it is an all wheel drive other information does not say anything about AWD. The window sticker does not say anything about AWD. So my really dumb question is do I have an AWD. I am driving home tomorrow from Harrisburg PA to Kent OH...
  6. M

2003 Escape Question ABS going Nuts

Morning all. I know this is an Explorer forum but I can not find an Escape forum. When it is cold out I back out of my drive and my brakes work fine. When I start going forward and stop the first few times the brakes start to pulse like the ABS is going off. I am on dry pavement no slipping...
  7. M

FordService Rocks

This was not on an Explorer but a Mustang and they went out of their way to take care of me. Just wanted to say Thank You to Ford Service (Crystal) for your help. I have been contacted by the regional manager and we are working to get'er done. Thanks Mike
  8. M

Sync Apps and an iPhone

I know this is the Explorer forum but I have a question on the Sync in my 2013 Mustang. I have the Shaker 500 system. My question is pretty simple when I say mobile apps it says no Apps found. I have my phone plugged into the USB port I have Iheart radio selected or Sync Destinations running...
  9. M

Basic Sync question

Howdy all. I have a 2013 Mustang with Sync. I know this is an Explorer forum but I see more action here then on the Mustang forum for this type of information. My question is simple my wife and I both drive the car at different times I see looking at the sync info I can set my phone up as...
  10. M

CEL and Gas Cap off light

I do not remember the code that is causing the CEL but I do know it pointed at the Evap canister. Now I have the gas cap off light on. I have replaced the gas cap and I still have the CEL and Gas Cap off light. Is there an easy way to pressure the system to see where the leak is in the vacuum...
  11. M

Gas Filler Neck P0455 code question

I have a 2007 Explorer with the 4.0 liter. I have a CEL on and the code is the P0455. Before I drop the tank and go after the evap canister I did a little researching and found out a cracked filler neck could cause the or a rusted out one. I got to looking at mine and found the plastic on the...
  12. M

Over head DVD install ?

I have a 2007 Explorer XLT. I want to install two overhead DVD players that flip down. My question is: How do I screw the unit into the overhead? Is it double plated so the screw will not pop out the top? Is there ribs in certain places that I need to hit? Anybody done this and have some...
  13. M

Give me 3 beeps remote start

howdy all. I have an 07 Explorer with factory remote start. I went to use it this morning and it just gave me three beeps. I heard the fuel pump pressurize the system then the three beeps, it did not even try to turn over. Where should I look to figure out what is wrong?
Back