Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

rear liftgate rattle...

Just adding to an old thread. I have a 04 with the door rattle in the back. It's been there since new and sounds like a old station wagon. I tried adding narrow window insulation foam around the door with no success. Towards the bottom of the lift gate on each side there's a rubber block for...
  2. F

02 Brake Light Switch

I know this is a old post but I just wanted to thank BigFellor if he's still active on this site. I used his suggestion of the 02 Windsor part which matches the one I have on my 04 explorer. The new replacement switch for an 04 explorer called for a slight rewiring from the dealer, it was...
  3. F

Stupid stupid little bolt

Last March I had to replace the fuel pressure sensor which meant I had to deal with that bolt. I finally laid on top of the engine to get it out. Before I tackled it I watched several you tube videos on how to replace the fuel pressure sensor, I think everyone had a different idea on how to get...
  4. F

Needed in knowing the easiest way to remove the back bolt on the intake manifold

Just like you it was the fuel rail pressure sensor. Why Ford put it there I have no idea because from what I saw on another you tube video for a ford escape it was right in the open.
  5. F

Not much heat

Correct me if I'm wrong but the blend door redirects the air through the vents or defrost right. If so mine has been broken for a couple of years now, but I still have heat. What I have had problems with in the past when there is no heat is the thermostat quits working properly. The temp gauge...
  6. F

Needed in knowing the easiest way to remove the back bolt on the intake manifold

I did this on my 04 this past February and I live in MN. so it was a little cool in the garage. Before I attempted it I watch several you tube videos which helped a lot since I'm not a mechanic. I ended up lying on top of the engine to reach that bolt. Took about 2 1/2 hrs. for me to complete...
  7. F

Front bumper plugin?

That is for the block heater. Living in the cold of MN I will put it on a timer and run it for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
  8. F

What does it take for 4x4 Auto to actually turn on the 4WD?

Your question reminded me of one from my wife. We have a 04 which we bought new and at the time she was the main driver. So after driving it for 5 years in the snow and ice of Mn. she asked how do you put it in 4 wheel drive. It's obvious the system works or she never needed it. She now drives a...
  9. F

2003 XLT rear lift gate applique

To save a little time I would contact a couple of body shops to see what they use. I did google adhesive removers and there are a number out there.
  10. F

Faulty Fuel Gauge

I know this is a very old thread but I thought I would put in my 2 cents. I have a 04 explorer with the same problem a few years ago. I filled the tank and then added MMO marvel mystery oil with the usual amount. After using a half a tank I refilled and every thing work fine. A couple of years...
  11. F

05 explorer no heat

Did you ever get the heat issue resolved? Your last sentence on your first post states you don't get the clicking and thumbing sound you get when switching from cold to heat. I had this problem about a week ago on my 04. When I turned the dial from cold to hot I heard a thumbing sound coming...
  12. F

2004 explorer P0193 stalling

I know this is a old post but I thought I would give my two cents worth. I also got the P0193 on my 04 EX with the 4.0. No stalling problems. It's the middle of winter here in MN and with cold temps and winter gas could not really tell if it affected gas mileage or not. So I watched several you...
  13. F

What is this part?

On my 04 I pushed the door shut and it's being held closed with a piece of foam. I got this idea from a you tube video. For winter defrost close the vents and I think that should redirect it to the defrost for the winter.
  14. F

Fixed my reverse parking sensor system

Sorry for not getting back sooner but was out of town and no access to the internet. It was his personal hand held scanner from work. I would say a step or two above what an autozone or oreilly's might have for checking codes. But maybe call an autozone and see if their scanner could handle...
  15. F

Fixed my reverse parking sensor system

Just wanted to thank you for this post. My neighbor who is a recently retired auto mechanic hooked up his scanner and within a minute he was able to determine which sensor was bad. So bought a sensor on amazon and within an hour it was working for the first time in a couple of years.
  16. F

Battery Light on 04

I have a 2004 explorer with 4wd and 4.0 engine with 98,500 on it. I recently brought it to the dealer for routine maintenance I had a good coupon otherwise most of it I would have done. Anyway, they said the battery light came on. During normal driving it does not but if you put push it hard it...
  17. F

Tranny issue in 04

Just a quick note, I bought my 04 explorer new from Tousley Ford. Their internet pricing is better then other ford dealers in the area. They were bought out a few years back by Auto Nation and just recently changed it from Tousley to Auto Nation.
  18. F

2003 Explorer Fuel Guage

Hi. I had a problem like yours about a year ago. I have a 04 explorer. When I would fill it up it would go to maybe 3/4 full. I would then have to drive it for about 5 miles before it would go to full. I added techron to the fuel tank on two fills and nothing happened. So on the next fill I...
  19. F

How to: How to: Replace Sway Bar bushings (frame only)

I know this is an old thread, but i just wanted to thank Nate for the post. I got tired of listening to the noise going over any bump. I was able to replace the bushings without any problems, which for me is unusual. Thanks again.
  20. F

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

04 XLT, 4.0 L v6 with 4X4. Trans flushed by dealer at 30,000 and 60,000. Went out at 68,000. Rebuilt now has 78,000. The local trans shop which did the repair would not tell me what brand of fluid they use, Why the big secret I don't know. So I may have it flushed and replaced with Amzoil...
  21. F

cruise control - 2003 ford explorer xlt

This is my first post and just wanted to say thanks. My ABS light was coming on every so often and I noticed my cruise control quick working. So I did a google search and one of the results of the search was this thread on the explorer forum. I took a chance and spent $23 for the part and...
Back