Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Class 2 hitch. Replace or modify to a class 3-4?

The overwhelming majority of the " rolling incidents" were caused by the defective Firestone tires basically exploding. I worked at Ford during this recall, so I can speak to it with some authority. But good luck with that Toureg:eek:
  2. M

'96 XLT 4.0L Ticking

I have to agree with Glock and others, the dash light BRAKE will come on, even dimly when there is a problem with the brakes _ ie bad calipers, dangerously low pads etc. Not reliably, but they do come on...:)
  3. M

new guy needin an opinion.vacuum leak.

99 xls with vacuum leak Oddly enough, I had to replace all the intake gaskets in mine last year due to the vacuum leak there in my 98 OHV 4.0. REad the codes and found left and right bank lean codes. Looked it up everywhere I could and asked some skilled ford mechanic friends - they all...
  4. M

Check Engine Light: P0171 & P0174

The rest of the saga 98 Ford Explorer XLT OHV Yeah- see I originally brought it in to both places asking them to change my lower intake gasket and plenum gaskets ... after reading all the posts here and doing everything up to that point ... but NOOOOOOO.... of course I was WRONG and they were...
  5. M

6. M

P0171 P0174 - My sad story- LOL - Any help out there ? 1998 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 OHV Got the P0171 and P0174 codes - wouldnt pass NYS Inspection. 1. Took it to Advance Auto - THEY looked it up and said O2 sensors for sure... Found two Bosch direct fits - installed codes went away...
  7. M

no start: "I have fuel, spark, and compression"; or, "how I set myself on fire"

When I worked for the local Ford Dealer, the biggets problem coming in wth a no start condition had to do with a bad fuel pump, or if the customer was lucky, a bad fuel pump relay. Has the fuel pump itself been tested ? You should hear it come on and off with the turn of the key....( another...
Back