Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Help me kill a grimlin

Grimlin Found its the freaking fuel pump! according to pressure test its only doing 14 pounds or less. no more airtex pumps for me. does anyone know if the delphi branded stuff that car quest sell is any good?
  2. M

Help me kill a grimlin

update i havent checked fuel pressure yet. now that it has warmed up a little here it seems easier to start. i got out my compression gauge and on the driver side of the engine im getting about 185 psi if the gauge it right. in cyl 4,5,6. i cant get to cyl 1,2,3 there isnt enough room on...
  3. M

Help me kill a grimlin

It is a new fpr. Ill check it tomarrow going to try to get any codes if i have any. Im going to try to determine if my mass air flow sensor or pcm are bad. I still dont have a check engine light also plan to test the fuel pressure.
  4. M

Popping from front end

i wouldnt drive it on shot bearings,ive been working on mine i road tested it after replacing fuel pump, somewhere the the driver side wheel bearing failed it got so hot it cooked the radius arm bushing off that side.
  5. M

Help me kill a grimlin

new symptoms Ive done some of the things requested. there is no water in the oil. now its...backfiring? when it tries to start it will make a loud puffing sound under the hood started last night it tried to crank it did it about 4 times in rapid succession. There was a smell a bitter half...
  6. M

94 XLT No/Hard start when cold, fine when warm

How do i know which PCM to buy? i have a 1992 explorer 4 door 4wd automatic tranny. i have a spare 91 2wd with manual transmission. Are they swappable?
  7. M

Help me kill a grimlin

Thanks again albino. Im pretty much coasting till tuesday. I pass near a harbor frieght on the way home from work. Ill get a security torx bit kit and fuel pressure test kit. I am assuming a wet plug is symptom of leaking fuel injectors? And yes i used all motorcraft plugs i bought them from...
  8. M

Help me kill a grimlin

i replaced the relay with a new relay. its really frustrating when you do something to the truck and seems tio improve than goes back to what it was doing. Tuesday im going to go buy a fuel pressure test kit. ill get a propane bottle out tomorrow and look for vacuum leaks. could my IAC be...
  9. M

Help me kill a grimlin

Well i changed it. It started good about 5 times then it went back to not wanting to start. It will backfire a bit and and idle rough. I wish i knew more about these systems id say its flooding
  10. M

Help me kill a grimlin

We shall find out tomarrow. I was looking at that thread about the relay earlier. When i first started on this explorer i looled for the relay never found it asssumed the manual meant that big fuse in the distribution box. Face palm. Now that i know where it is.....
  11. M

Help me kill a grimlin

ill go to the dealership tomorrow and pick one up. from what ive been reading here ill definitely get the motorcraft one.
  12. M

New guy

Just saying howdy.
  13. M

Help me kill a grimlin

Hello everyone! Ive been reading this forum a while and im greatful for the useful info I have gotten from here, Here is my story. I was given a 1992 explorer with 70k miles on it. It is a 4door 4wd automatic. it sat dead in someones backyard for 3 years with a dead fuel pump. i took an...
Back