Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Good bye old friend!!

Hello all, been a while since I've posted. Well, due to some unfortunate luck, my 93 is no longer with me. 2 weeks ago some old high school buddies had a get together at a friends house. About 11pm that night we heard a huge crash. Looked out, and there was my Explorer 4 door turned into a...
  2. C

Will these injectors fit in my Explorer?

I can't help you with your question of will they fit. But I did buy a set from that guy for my 93 about 6 months ago, and he was great to deal with. Very quick to answer emails, and the shipping was very quick. If you find something that fits yours and he has it, go for it. I would certainly...
  3. C

My Ex is running fine

Same here, 164,000 and still gettin' it done, and looks good too! 200K here we come!
  4. C

preventative maintenance (transmission)

[COLOR=orangered] I agree with aldive. I changed my filter and flushed the fluid myself with cheap fluid, then flushed in mobil 1. I also installed a remote external filter. So far it has kept the A4LD gods at bay, still running strong.
  5. C

Any suggestions on a new battery?

I got an everstart extreme at Walmart for around 65 bucks. It was 1000 CCA and the stock size. I can't remember the warranty, but 5 year replacement comes to mind. Been in mine for over a year and no problems.
  6. C

91-94 water pumps, how long they last?

I replaced my water pump at a little over 140,000 miles, not because it died, but I replaced my lower intake manifold and had access to it and thought why not, cheap insurance I thought. I replaced it with a new unit. Although my origional one with 140.000 was still working just fine. I'm at...
  7. C

Just changed front sway bar bushings.....NICE!

I just changed my front sway bar bushings today with Moog poly bushings. Man, what a difference!! My ex seemed to wander down the highway and body roll more than it used to. Made the steering feel sloppy on the highway, and had some mild vibrations too. I thought what the heck, the bushings...
  8. C

Installing front spkrs tonight, how hard to get door panels off?

Hey, let me know how you like them. I've been looking at a set of those myself. CJ
  9. C

Jeep vs. Ex

My flying buddy and long time friend works at a Chryslyer/Jeep dealership here in town. He's a man of few words, and isn't a big Ford fan. But I asked him about Jeeps, and he said "If I had a Jeep and the a case of the clap......I'd get rid of the Jeep first"
  10. C

Serious Aztecs??? what happened to the explorers?

Yeh, I'm ditching my lame exploder for an Aztec, it will look nice in the garage next to my PT Cruiser with flames and wood paneling. :confused:
  11. C

I Love IT!

:eek: Geesh.....took me 20 minutes to clean my monitor after the soda shot out of my nose from laughing so hard!! Never a dull moment!! Great one guys!!
  12. C

Front brakes wearing fast

I've actually been quite pleased with the brakes on my 93. The front pads were replaced by a dealership right before I bought it. I don't know what kind of pads they used, but other than creating quite a bit of brake dust, I like them. They have a little over 50,000 miles on them and haven't...
  13. C

Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback)

Just found this OEM Ford filter kit on ebay If I didn't have one on mine, this may be a good and resonably priced option. I didn't know Ford made such a kit. Dead Link Removed
  14. C

anyone else have this prob. when warm outside

Yes there are two. If you look at the motor the one on the left is the one for the gauge, located just above and behind the thermostat. The one the computer reads is to your right just below the right side of the throttle body, at least it is on mine. I also bought a Ford sensor, two places...
  15. C

anyone else have this prob. when warm outside

I'm not sure if this is related, but I too had the warm start problem with mine. It would not start or was very hard and seemed to flood itself when warm.I tried everything and ended up being a bad temperature sensor, the one that goes to the computer. Haven't had a problem since I replaced...
  16. C

GREASE?

I agree with Mike on the Valvoline synthetic. When I repacked my front bearings last summer, there was a noticable difference in temperature in the bearings. Before you could drive around town and then touch the hub and it was pretty hot, after the change it rarely gets more than luke warm...
  17. C

Change tranny filter if adding a remote

I second changing the tranny filter when you do the remote install. I started by flushing some cheap atf through the system, changed the tranny filter and added a remote filter and then swapped 12 quarts of Mobil 1 into it. I then changed the remote filter at around 500 miles just to feel...
  18. C

Look At Your Fan !!

Chewie, I got mine from the local dealer. About 40 bucks and they had one in stock, so they must know they crack a lot. Not bad considering it's a dealer item. I thought it would be a lot more. CJ
  19. C

Going to install new injectors tomorrow

Hey Speed, They are from a mustang, but a V-6. The are exactly the same size and fit perfectly. You did point out something I hadn't thought of, thank you, the resistance. I don't have the haynes manual in front of me right now, but I believe the acceptable range is 13-19. My stock ones...
  20. C

Going to install new injectors tomorrow

Well, I found a new set of injectors for my Explorer on Ebay and got them tonight. Mine has almost 155,000 on it now and still runs great, although the mileage has slipped a little and it doesn't idle as well as it did, (and yes, I'm just trying to justify my purchase :) The injectors are the...
  21. C

Intake manifold replacement - A success, and thanks to all !

:bounce: Congrats Craig!! I did mine about 2 months ago. Not too hard at all is it. And besides the money saved, it just feels good to do it yourself doesn't it. CJ
  22. C

Explorer Brake rotors

oahrens Ft Wood is a breeze to fly in and out of! I think the guys in the tower are just glad to talk to another human! Other than the 2 small restricted areas that have been there for years, they are open for business. A friend of mine rents an airplane there. They are planning a runway...
  23. C

Explorer Brake rotors

Definately lube the slide pins. I use a synthetic brake caliper grease. It's clear blue and seems to work great. I do mine around every 10-12,000 miles. When I bought mine, the brakes pads had just been replaced. I now have just over 50,000 miles on the fronts and still have good pad left...
  24. C

MPG survey ...This time...

1. 4.0L OHV 2. A4LD 3. 3.73 LS gears 4. Stock 5. N/A 6. 4WD 7. Drilled airbox, Amsoil airfilter, Amsoil or Mobil 1 throughout 8. 17-18 MPG avg.
  25. C

Fan Clutch question ?

Bill, I replaced my fan clutch when I replaced my water pump and fan (cracked). I went through 2 Hayden brand, and 1 from another before finally buying a Ford OEM unit. All of the others sounded like a jet taking off and didn't kick out, even when warmed up. The Ford part, cured the noise...
Back