Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. FROADER

FROADER’s ‘63 Falcon

Since I sold the van, I told the wife I wanted to get another classic. My plan was to get another 63 Galaxie, but she said she wanted something she could drive, too. I asked her about the Falcon since it’s similar but smaller and would be easier to drive around town, and she loved the idea. I...
  2. FROADER

1997 Ford E350 Club Wagon

Here is my listing on Expedition Portal. https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/1997-ford-e350-club-wagon.231355/ V10 with 100,567 miles as of today 3/16/22. WeldTec 4" Ocotillo Cruiser lift 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer AT3s Replaced the whole sound system with Pioneer double din and...
  3. FROADER

FROADER's 2006 Lexus GX470

I've had this for a couple of months now, and I'm loving it! I decided I wanted a nicer/more reliable vehicle as a daily and occasional wheeler/camper. If you don't know what a GX is, technically it's a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 series (sold globally except the states), but it's basically a...
  4. FROADER

FROADER's 1991 - Edward Bauer III

I'm back... I just can't resist white lifted 90s Fords, so here is my fourth white 1st Gen. I really won't be doing too much to this thing, besides a few personal touches here and there. I bought it to use it. It was running a little rough, so I gave it a tune up. What I've done so far...
  5. FROADER

FROADER's 1991 Eddie III

I'm back... 🔁 I just can't resist lifted white 90s Fords, so here is my 4th Gen1. :help: ________________________________ Engine: 4.0 with 147,500 miles Edelbrock Headers Front end: Dana 35 w/4.56 limited slip Cut and turned beams (will reattach, but I think they are Autofab) Extended radius...
  6. FROADER

FROADER's 1991 Eddie

I'm back in the game. I can't seem to get away from white first gen 4x4 explorers... My first was a 92 XLT. The second was a 92 Eddie built by board member @Felix I did have a black 2010 XLT with a small front BTF spacer lift and 32s: This one is a 91 Eddie. It's pretty clean...
  7. FROADER

For Sale Paul B's 1990 XLT Explorer (project)

Well, the time has come. With life getting in the way of being able to work on/ complete this project, Paul and Winter have decided to put this up for sale. I'm playing broker if you will, since they are both very busy. Here is the thread when they started on the next phase to where it is now -...
  8. FROADER

Truckhaven: Thanksgiving weekend.

Anyone up for it? I haven't been since I sold my explorer in 2010 and I'm really itching to get out there. I can get out there Friday night and stay until Sunday. I kind of want to see what the 5th Gen can do out there. :) Whose in?
  9. FROADER

For Sale F-150 custom bed rack - $300 obo

I recently sold my 2005 FX4 and have this rack sitting in the garage now. It was custom made by myself and a friend to fit my RTT and ski racks. Powder coated satin black light tabs towards the rear CB antenna tab in the middle of the top cross bar (by cab) Will definitely fit 04-08...
  10. FROADER

FROADER's 2010 XLT

The wife and I picked this up last night. We traded in the F-150 for a more practical family car and something that Michelle would be comfortable driving (I drive her 4cyl Camry to work [40mi. one way] every day). The truck was just too big for her. The crazy thing is having a monthly payment of...
  11. FROADER

Red 2nd Gen sport rolled on the freeway.

Saw this on the way to work this morning. It looked to be the only vehicle involved. Location: 55 North at 4th street.
  12. FROADER

Mothers Headlight Restoration

I did a search and didn't see anything on this product, so here is what I have. My wife's '05 Camry's headlights were pretty fogged over. Her dad had the Mothers product already and told me to give it a try. I have always been skeptical of things like this, but I finally got around to it...
  13. FROADER

Factory 6-disc stereo (out of an '05 F-150).

I just upgraded and don't need this anymore. It is in perfect working order. Asking $75 + shipping.
  14. FROADER

For Sale Utility Flatbed for Ranger

I'm not sure what it's "made" for, but it's got a spot on the passenger side for some tanks. EDIT: Price Drop!! Asking $150 obo.
  15. FROADER

Mercedes Bent...

Pretty effing sweet! http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/mercedes-bent.html
  16. FROADER

FROADER's '98 4x4

Well I'm back with the next project. I traded my DRZ400 Supermoto for it yesterday. This is going to be a very slow build, as I have no money to work on it, at all. It will be registered as "non-op" until I save up some money. Specs: 1998 Ranger Supercab 4x4 4.0L Auto Flatbed (coming off...
  17. FROADER

FROADER's 2007 Motard

I guess this can go here. :) This is replacing the 2003 Yahama Roadstar, mostly because I missed the 1993 XR650L. Having been riding dirt bikes most of my life, I've been itching to get one of these, and the time finally came. It's a 2007 Suzuki DR-Z400 SM that I traded my Roadstar for...
  18. FROADER

Rolled Raptor

http://jalopnik.com/5447217/first-ford-svt-raptor-wrecked-in-suspension+ripping-rollover
  19. FROADER

FROADER's 2005 F-150 FX4

So... I traded in the van and got this truck. I'm also selling the explorer along with the motorcycle. I'm not leaving this site and will be back with a vengeance when I decide to get another "froader" to beat up on. Anyway, here is the scoop. 2005 F-150 FX4 Supercrew 5.4/Auto K&N drop in...
  20. FROADER

Coyote Canyon Day run, Feb 15...

Since "FROADER" is out of commission (front driver's side axle shafts and ujoint) for the time being, my girlfriend wanted to get out for the day and test out her "newly" lifted Jeep. I told her the perfect day trip/trail for us would be Coyote Canyon in Anza. I have been there many times over...
  21. FROADER

Ok, who is this?

It looks familiar from the site and it was parked right behind my explorer. I moved my truck and took this picture in the ace hardware parking lot. Huntington Beach, CA at Magnolia and Adams.
  22. FROADER

Truckhaven!

When: January 17-18, 2009 (MLK Holiday) Where: Truckhaven, Adjacent to Salton City, CA Required Gear: Equipment Truckhaven is a huge playground for off-road vehicles. There are trails for everyone from mild to wild. This is a great place to test your driving abilities as well as the...
  23. FROADER

How to: Exterior rear view mirror replacement.

Because of this I figured I'd document the fix. I supposed this is mostly for IZwack, since he's the only other one that I know has a newer Econoline. Or, anyone that may help out churches or summer camps with their vehicles. :D Tools needed because Ford is lame: • Phillips screw driver...
  24. FROADER

Cool (Expedition Style) Ranger build on EPF

I'm a member on Expedition Portal and there is an interesting Ranger build by Safari Pacific over there. He's in AZ and has done some really cool stuff. Check it out HERE This is what he started with:
Back