Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Updated Pictures Of My Mountaineer!

Its the 3.7L V6 but it puts out 305hp which is more hp than pre 2011 V8 Mustangs excluding Cobras, Saleens, etc. So Im happy with it. She has a 6 speed manual trans and Capone has already gotten his drool over the rear quarter window so she is getting a bath tonight. lol.
  2. S

Actually no. Im single with no kids just my rottie Capone so I picked something up a bit more fitting. lol. 2013 Ford Mustang CODENAME: DESPAIR
  3. S

Hey guys sorry I wont be able to upload pics of my Mountaineer. The insurance company ended up totaling her because of the frame damage that occurred. :(
  4. S

2006 Explorer V8 Exhaust System

BadThad ~ Unfortunately my truck is in the shop right now due to an idiot rearending me. When I get it back I will lift the rear end up and take a few pics. But basically its the standard y pipe from the exhaust manifolds into one Flowmaster. The Flowmaster is a single inlet and dual outlet...
  5. S

CarId.com Terrible Service.

I dont buy from sites like that for a reason!
  6. S

2006 Bench to Buckets

I would be interested in this as well!
  7. S

Get Dealer To Replace Interior Lights

I got the cover off but couldnt figure out how to get to the bulbs out because they sit off to the sides. I know this is an old thread but has anyone figured this out?
  8. S

2008 V8 Gibson 3" Exhaust

Niceeee. I stuck with Flowmaster though!
  9. S

Just a few pictures for you guys to see! In the second pic you can still see the spare!
  10. S

I have a 2007 Merc Mountaineer and I went to an exhaust shop and had them install Flowmaster exhaust with Stainless steel pipes and they custom mandrel bended the pipes. It cost me under $300 bucks and I didnt have to remove my spare underneath my truck because of the way they bent the pipe to...
  11. S

Haha yeah I feel the same way!
  12. S

Willied - I actually got the kit from EBay for 200 bucks including the ceramic brake pads from a merchant called Brake Motive. The Flowmasters sound pretty sweet as well. Yeah the SVT stickers are a bit out of place but since I debadged my Mountaineer and havent seen one like it I figured why...
  13. S

Flag Gibby - Yeah I havent done a brake flush yet. Just not something that I want to do at home so I will pay for someone to do that for me. The grille, mirror caps, and tailgate were painted black along when I smoked the headlights and posted in a different post back in 2011!
  14. S

Where was your Explorer built?

Mine was Louisville, KY
  15. S

06-07 V8 Spark Plug Issue - Change Them Early?

I changed mine at 98k and all of them came out with no issues. So to each their own. They were the original plugs, the truck has been dealer maintained its whole life and I just didnt feel comfortable giving all that money to the dealer for something that takes 30mins to do. So I changed them...
  16. S

Flag Gibby - I have noticed better braking performance on my Mountaineer since the installation of the drilled and slotted rotors and brakes. I do noticed the swooshing at low speed braking with the windows down and the music not playing.
  17. S

Its been awhile since I have uploaded pictures of my Mountaineer and have done some mods since then so I figured I would upload pictures and see what you guys think of the mods I have done. Drilled & Slotted Rotors Drilled & Slotted Rotors W/Ceramic Brake Pads Rotors Through The...
  18. S

Finally Blacked Out An 07 Mountaineer Grille & Other Exterior Pieces

I just removed the whole headlight and foglight assembly from the truck and sprayed them with one coat of taillight tint spray that you can get from any store like autozone or advance auto and then a few coats of clear coat. Let it sit for6 hours then reinstalled on my truck.
  19. S

How To remove and paint your front grille

Use a gloss paint. Thats what i did when i did this to my Mountaineer!
  20. S

Noise Coming From Passenger Side Rear 07 Mountaineer AWD

Is there a particular way to diganose rear wheel bearing noise? The bearing assemblies arent cheap so I want to be sure thats what it is before I go that route and replace it.
  21. S

Noise Coming From Passenger Side Rear 07 Mountaineer AWD

Hey guys its been awhile since I been on here but I would definitely appreciate the help in figuring out what the hell this noise is coming from my truck. I went out of town for two weeks and let a friend borrow my 2007 Mercury Mountaineer AWD Premier. She ended up catching a curb with the...
  22. S

Change Interior and Puddle Lights to LED

Spencer- Hey I did this same mod on my 07 Mountaineer AWD. Its pretty straight forward to removing the covers inside the truck and the puddle lamps you will need a small flat head screwdriver to get the lense to pop out. I have posted the link to my thread below where you can see pics of...
  23. S

Stu. This is the exact ones that I have. Good deal in my opinion. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ultra-Blue-7-LED-T10-Wedge-LED-Light-Bulbs-194-168-B5-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0c44a783QQitemZ180594452355QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
  24. S

Thanks if I ever get a free weekend again with no rain then I will be painting my taillights to match my grille but leaving the actual lense clear.
Back