Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

A/c blockage

That's awesome, congrats on the fix! And thanks for that link. Yes, those are exactly my symptoms so I'll look at the fresh/recirc air door first and determine if that's the problem. On previous repairs, I have been able to take everything off in that write-up except for the dash itself...
  2. S

A/c blockage

I am having the same problem in my 05 EX XLT. The fan sounds like it is working on all different speeds (it gets louder as you go from 1 to 4) but the force of air coming out of the vents frequently stops, no matter what speed the fan is on. I have been searching for answers on this forum for a...
  3. S

HELP!!! Fuse #17 - Delayed Acc. Keeps Blowing

I'm thinking that if I use a relay I can solve my problem. I made this diagram to show how I "think" it should be wired up. Can someone weigh in here and tell me if this looks right or not? Do I need a fuse anywhere? maybe between the relay post 30 and positive wire of the cigarette lighter? Do...
  4. S

Ok, thank you for confirming what I should have already known. I disconnected my new LED puddlelamps and replaced fuse #17 with a new 15amp fuse (same amp) and everything is back to normal. But I need to find a different way to wire up the puddlelamps because they won't work on the circuit...
  5. S

Can I replace a 15A fuse with something higher (safely)?? Last year, I decided to replace all my interior light bulbs with LEDs so everything would be brighter. And everything worked great, never had a problem. But now, I decided to replace my puddle lamps with LEDs and now I blow #15 or #16...
  6. S

how bad have you been ??

Got pulled over yesterday on 95 by a statie. Said he had me doing 80mph in a 55 and I cut someone off as I made my exit (not really true, I was well ahead of the car when I came back into the lane). No license, no seatbelt and he just gave me a warning after running my info. Many other times I...
  7. S

Where's best place near dash to tap into 3rd Gen Reverse Signal Wire Black/Pink?

Thanks for all the help. When it gets a little milder out I'll take a look and see what the best option is. Probably end up just running a wire from the back of the head unit behind the dash and down to the kick panel. I couldn't really find anything behind the dash either. I'll let yous know...
  8. S

Where's best place near dash to tap into 3rd Gen Reverse Signal Wire Black/Pink?

Thanks for the response. I didn't actually find the wire yet. I meant to say that I was searching the forums and I found people were saying that the black/pink wire should be located behind the kick panels or under the door sill where it runs to the back up lights. I was hoping to find it...
  9. S

I am looking for the best location to tap into the reverse signal wire somewhere under the dash. I need this wire for my back up camera so the closer I can find it to the radio the better. I've been searching and found that this black/pink wire runs under the door sill (driver's side OR pass...
  10. S

Explorer accident

Here are some pics from my accident a couple months ago. I was going straight downhill when this guy coming towards me turned left into a church parking lot right in front of me. I swerved right and barely missed him but couldn't avoid the Tahoe parked on the shoulder. No one was hurt but when I...
  11. S

Aftermarket antenna masts?

I just had my antenna broken by the car wash today. Well it didn't really break as much as it just bent. I'll know more about what needs to be replaced once I get the wheel off and take the whole assembly out. I tried bending it back into place but it seems like the base inside the fender is...
  12. S

How to: How to: Replace Sway Bar bushings (frame only)

Here's my 2 cents for whatever its worth (prob much less than $0.02) I measured my swaybar w/ a piece of string to get the circumference then divided by 3.14 to get the diameter. Not quite an exact measurement but I figured close enough. Anyway, my measurement didn't come out to a whole...
  13. S

How to: How to: Replace Sway Bar bushings (frame only)

Another great writeup I've found on this site. Thanks for taking the time to post it as it saved me alot of time and money. I used a different method for figuring out my swaybar diameter. It's not an exact measurement but it is close enough to distinguish between 30, 31 or 32 mm swaybar...
Back